Record on DVD from cable

Username: Saruzza

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I'm new here and also I'm new in the USA so I don't know very well your cable system. Anyway... I'd connect my DVD recorder (ILO DVDR04) to the TV but I can record only the first 13 channels, I think it's the 'regular' TV. What if I wanna record something from the other channels?!?!?!?!?!?!? Please help me because I can't find a solution and need to tape Extreme Dodgeball next week :-) PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1648
If you aren't using a cable box, go into the DVD set up menus and set the antenna/cable select to cable, then autoprogram the channels.

Anonymous

I have the cable box... there is some kind of scheme to see how everything as to be connected and hopefully work?!?!

Username: Gi58

Florida USA

Post Number: 3
If you have a cable box, you'll need the 'cable mouse' that most DVD recorders use to change channels on the box. You may need to use the line input (S-Video or composite) on your recorder to receive the signal from the cable box, rather than the RF cable. Check your recorder's manual for specific advice about the connections and the set-up. (Be aware that some brands of cable box may not 'play nicely' with your recorder.)

Hope this helps.

Username: Saruzza

Post Number: 2
thanks man!!!! Hope it will work. I was looking on amazon.com for a 'cable mouse' but can't find anything.. just mouse for the computer... there is another name for it? Sorry but I'm from Italy and not really good with this kind of stuff. thank you

fx
Unregistered guest
IR Blaster, never heard it called a cable mouse either Sara. Also your DVD recorder cannot accept a digital input only analog signals. Since you have a cable box (aka STB) use either an RCA cable connection (normally a single yellow cable) or an S-Video cable to connect to your DVD recorder. Only analog signals pass on these connections so whatever channel you are viewing on your STB will be recordable on your DVD recorder.

It seems like you are currently running a coax cable connection to your recorder and this is why it is only recognizing the first 13 (analog only) channels.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us