No sound on HD channels through Samsung DLP speakers.

JD391
Unregistered guest
Hi all! My problem is that I get no sound on HD channels through the TV speakers. The sound is okay (PCM) on SD channels through the TV speakers and I can receive DD (AC3) sound through my AV receiver. I am using HDMI from DirectTV HDDVR (HR10-250) to a Samsung HLR5567 and an optical cable from the DVR to the AV receiver. The audio setting on the DVR is set to Dolby Digital. Digital output in the menu on the Samsung is set to PCM and greyed-out. I have tried different cables and also tried connecting the optical cable from the digital out on the TV to the receiver. I know I can simply bypass the TV speakers but the Samsung has a digital audio decoder so they should work. I am not sure if the problem is with the DVR or the Samsung. Thanks in advance for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 653
Try the AVS forum. their are more knowlegable people there. You will get a straight answer.

Jasper-010101
Unregistered guest
Tom bong is a fvcking idiot!

Use a digital coax or optical connection from the H10 to the set.

HDMI is not a perfected technology for any brand.
You will probably see digital video hick-ups too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 660
HDMI is not a perfect technology...THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE MILLENIUM

BTW neither is cable card, projector lamp life, scaling and converting 4:3 standard TV, spinning color wheels,

Yes you will see hiccups....in fact you will see nothing after a short time...but hey you will finally have some friggin deep azz blacks!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Dlp4me

Post Number: 224
Most people use component cables for HD video and a digital coax or optical cable for audio.
As Jasper-010101 stated, DVI/HDMI still has some issues to work out.

The bong post is total bullshit!

Silver Member

Post Number: 673
>>>>DVI/HDMI still has some issues to work out<<<<

As well as Lamp life, latency, reliability.......parts availability.

Yeah..some issues to "work out" while they take your money and laugh all the way to the bank.LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us