Sony Grand Wega SXRD 60 inch vs. Samsung DLP 67 inch 1080p

Username: Shargomo

Post Number: 1
Anonymous

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 03:26 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am on the fence. The new Samsung DLP 67 inch 1080p I just saw looks great. I am aware of all the downsides to DLP - I cannot see any rainbows.

The new Sony Grand Wega KDSR 60 inch is supposed to be the best thing to come to market this year. My concern is that it is not shipping yet and I have not seen it yet.

However, I need to make a decision by the end of this month (custom cabinetry is being made) on the new TV. Should I take the risk on the Sony or just go with the Samsung?

Silver Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 123
Sony uses three true 1920 X 1080 panels instead of one 960 X 1080 chip and wobbulation w/color wheel like the DLP models, so I would go with the Sony. Plus it uses Sony's variant of LCoS, which is superior to LCD.

Go to the AVS forum. There are some people on there that have seen the new Sony XBR's. It sounds like an awesome set. Here's the link. There's already over 4000 replies on this thread, so you should be able to find all the info you need. Happy reading!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=6fb336fc2d5bdb98cce62438d158039a &t=545987
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us