Dvd component to dvi projector adapter????

Username: Pauloh25

Mishawaka, In

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a an optima ep719 that states it has component but doesnt. It does have dvi output so I thought I could get a component to dvi adapter and it would be fine...It's not working, I don't really know if it will work, has anyone had this issue or a resolve aside from getting a new projector with actual component outputs?

Bronze Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 48
I'm not an expert but what I've the research I've done so far some sets are looking for HDCP over the HDMI input. Without the HDCP handshake the sets displaying a blank picture since the two units cannot "talk" to each other.

Maybe this is the problem?

BTW: I hope all the people in Hollywood that have been thinking up ways to add all this copyright crap into the signal die a slow painful death.
I would assume the "extra" data (The copyright crap) is the reason we as consumers get a blank screen when connectioning XYZ set with XYZ digital input.

I really DO hope those that have put these standards in place do die a slow death when the time comes.

Everytime I turn around I read about such. Looking a a card to build a HDTPC... read a while back that the new cards would have, or not have some code that would disallow reception of certain digital signals, Don't remember the details but it related to "copyright crap".

PS: You can thank the Hollywood types for delaying recordable CD and DVD writers also a few years back that has caused many a "problem".

Username: Tribesplayer

Post Number: 1
Old Post, but first page of google...

I just bought an optima projector that also stated it had component input but doesn't,
I looked into it and found that Optima sells an adapter for VGA to Component that is an optional accessory
http://www.optomausa.com/store_productdetail.asp?product_subcategory=13&productc ategory=Cables
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us