DVI Cable Connection Shut Off

Username: Sherrilll

Post Number: 1
I have a fairly new HDTV System that bought back in January. I am using Insight Cable for my HDTV source. I experimented with component video connections when I first got the TV but later bought a DVI cable. WOW what a difference. DVI is the only way to hook up HDTV! Yesterday the cable company SHUT OFF the DVI output on the cable box. They admit DVI is better it is so good that pirates could make DVD quality copies of the things so they shut if off! This sucks!

Bronze Member
Username: Revan

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 24
funny, i cant see a difference between the 2. but with DVI my cable box doesnt freeze up the screen. With component hook-up my screen splits and freezes. I figure its a cable box problem and not
the TV. It will be nice if they ever standardize
HDTV. Then it won't be so confusing and complicated.

Username: Hihosteverno

Post Number: 2
Hi Sherrill- 3 ideas about Your p[roblem with Insight cable turning off the HD signal. Go to the cable commission in Your state and talk to them.. Maybe one of Your local TV stations has a consumer reporter who looks into stuff like this..Look in the cable search engine for the "voom" satellite service. They supply HD programming. 4th- Let me know how You do..Sincerely Steve
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us