Sony LCD rear projection (KF-50WE620) Purple screen!! Please help :-(

Username: Nicasio

Post Number: 1
Turned on my tv this morning and the entire screen was purple but i could hear the sound from the cable perfectly- no roadmap like cracks, no dead pixels, lamp was nice and bright.

No matter what input i switch to, all video's, aux, etc... the screen remains purple. Has anyone experienced this with DLP type tv's?

If so what was your solution?

Many thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 609
How long have you had it....no let me guess. Less then 2 years?

Did you buy and Extended Warranty? Sorry many here recommend it. Kinda dumb huh? Spend $2000 for a Tv and have to buy an EW for another 20%!

Now the big question. Did you research the forums tirelessly and with an OPEN mind before buying that pile of parts? If you did I suppose you just felt the sampling of issues were too small to matter and you felt lucky. Well now you are part of that unscientific and not to be believed or used in your decision sampling, congrats.

Well the only solution is (if you were smart enough to buy it at Costco) take it back, remember the happy memories and wait until more reliable and proven display technology is avaiable. The other solution? Wait weeks for repair while enjoying the 19" you have in the garage. At least standard TV will look good again! Until you get the Sony back.

Your Welcome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us