Ready to cry! Can't hook up equipment.

Username: Gooduranfan

Post Number: 3
Yes, I am a woman (no offense to those women out there that know what they're doing.) But I have NO IDEA what I am doing. So if someone out there could help me. Here is the equipment I am trying to hook up and what it has for connecting:
MACROVISION REMOVER: "in" and "out" jacks (like the coaxial plugs)
TV: Audio and Video "in" and "out" and extra Audio and Video "in" and "out" on side of TV
DVD RECORDER: Audio and Video "in" and "out" (2 Audio "in's"), S Video "in" and "out", TV Antenna "in" and "out", Digital Audio Output "PCM/Bitstream Coaxial", Component Video Output "Y", "PB/CB", and "PR/CR" and Audio and Video and S Video "in" on front of dvd.
VCR: Audio and Video "in" and "out", Antenna "in" plug, and VHF/UHF/CATV plug. And Audio and Video "in" on front of vcr.
AND I have a cable box to hook up!
Can you see how this is confusing! There's so many "in" and "outs" that I don't know if I'm coming or going!

Bronze Member
Username: Saaketham

Post Number: 28
What exactly is the problem you're having? The only hard part about hooking up equipment, IMHO, is to go and buy the cables required. The Ins and Outs on those devices - you gotta find what type each is and then buy the best cable that your devices will support. For instance, this is my setup

1. Cable Box (CB) to HDTV
DVI to HDMI cable + RCA audio (white and red)

2. Cable Box to Home Theater System (HTS) ->
Optical audio cable

3. DVD to HDTV
Component Video (Y, Pb, Pr)

4. DVD to HTS
Digital audio cable

5. XBox to HDTV
Microsoft HD-AV Pack

Anil

Bronze Member
Username: Saaketham

Post Number: 29
Also, as far as cables and inputs go, this is the pecking order, at least theoretically, from Best to Worst

Video
1. DVI
2. Component (Y, Pb, Pr)
3. S-Video
4. RCA-composite

Audio
1. Digital Coaxial
1.5. Optical
2. RCA-composite

Anonymous

Please just need some help with tv hookup! Receiver went out this weekend, until it is fixed want to just go through tv for sound. This should be simple, right? The only input we can get sound is on "Ant.B" however you can only view chnl.8,menu won't work and chnls won't change. "Input 2" normally used has access to menu, chnls,etc. but no sound. Tried audio out of DVR into tv and also tried coaxil direct from dvr to tv, among anything else I could think of, to no avail. I know this has to be something simple I'm overlooking,but the octopus of wires is now getting the better of me!!
Help! Any ideas
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us