Too good to be true here guys or what?

Shooting Star
Unregistered guest
Alright let me start off by saying I don't understand 50% of what I've read here. Those of you who are short tempered and of little patience please hit the back button now. Still here....wonderful! Alright, here we go. I have a basic Dish network account and a 510 reciever. I am interested in getting all the channels unlocked. Can someone "simply" explain to me what I need to do. Obviosly I can't use the 510, so do I buy a FTA reciever like the dreambox or Pansat? After reading dozens of posts it almost sounds like this is all coming to an end with Nagra2 (don't exactly know what that is) but none the less am I wasting my time? Also, can I use my dishnet superdish to get all the channels with a new receiver? Would I have to re-point it? And hey if your too busy to respond , give me a link to read that is user friendly, not full of technical jargon. I am very computer literate but am new to this satellite stuff. Thanks to all who took the time to read this and hopefully respond.

Username: Max5wm

Post Number: 9
Buy a C00LSAT 4000 Pro. Then go to another forum for the files. The CS4000 is the easiest to update. Will take you literally 5 minutes to completely update. Or buy one from me.

Username: Richardd

Post Number: 1
buy a pansat 2700a I think pretty good,except for the EPG (channel guide) that sucks. But hey you got free channels with PPV. Go to Pansat.com to purchase.

fortecguy
Unregistered guest
fortec ultra is the most reliable ive been usein it over 2 yrs not a problem at all and as for updatin it takes literally 3 minutes easy as slicin butter wit a hot knife

OPEN SOURCE or DIE
Unregistered guest
Don't buy ANY korean BOX if you gonna jump use both feet and get urself a DREAMBOX or a Triple Dragon they both have OPEN SOURCE all them korean boxes gonna die off soon..

Username: Sexton8

Post Number: 7
if you have a legal subscription, go with the dreambox and do card sharing, use your legal card and open all channels, do a little searching and you will find out that this is the way to go

Shooting Star
Unregistered guest
Thanks to all those who replied. It it simply that simple? Just buy a new reciever and viola? I've read alot about entering "keys" and then also downloading files. This is where I get really confused. What is the difference here, does it depend on what receiver you get because there seems to be a lot of disparity over which receiver is the best. No one mentioned whether or not I would have to re-point the dish (remember I currently have a legit subscription with Dishnet). Is there a reciever I can buy, take right out of the box, enter some keys, and be watchin all the channels or is it a little more involved than that. Thanks guys!

Bronze Member
Username: 99centrobot

Illinois

Post Number: 28
I bought C00lsat 4000 pro right out of the box it even came with a dish500 dish I hooked everything up then I downloaded a few things off the net with help from these forums including instructions on how to enter everything step by step and in under a few minutes (after I finially got everything together) I was good to go! I now get over 1000 stations... ppv..p0rn..HBO (i miss Deadwood...can't wait 4 2006!)There might be easier ways to get over 1000 channels of tv but this is what I have and it works...plus it sure saves me a ton of cash each month.

JJUSOIu
Unregistered guest
Hey shoting star: The posts you read are BS azz-holes trying to sell you stuff that won't work anymore. As of Sep 14 Nagra2 is complete and no FTA receiver will work anymore. Card sharing works, but look into it a little bit and you'll see why you don't want to try that. If you wait for a while, weeks or months, who knows, we might eventually see a legitimate N2 hack. LK is the only one on this board who tells the truth so just wait til he says there's a hack

Bronze Member
Username: 99centrobot

Illinois

Post Number: 31
Sept 14th of NEXT year? Today is Sept 18th and my C00lsat FTA receiver works just fine..just got thru watching The Last Samuri on PPV. Hmmm and I'm not even selling anything...go figure.

142.5MHz
Unregistered guest
One way to tell. Simply tune into BEV and see if the n2 files work. If not we may have a problem. BEV has been 100% nag2 for some time now. Dish has yet to complete their enscryptions swap. Just thinking out loud. Good Luck !

Shooting Star
Unregistered guest
Do you guys agree to dissagree or what? I don't think a single person agreed with what another said. It would be wonderful if there was even some sort of overall consensus on what receiver to buy. But really guys, and I have read many a posts on this, what IS the deal with this Nagra2? Some say they have gotten their stuff to work with it, others say they are liars just trying to sell equipment that is now outdated. What the hell is the TRUTH here people? It sounds as if your best bet is just to wait until there is more known about Nagra2? Eventually it will be cracked guys, it is inevitable. What I don't want to do is waste my money on something that will be worthless either now or in the near to immediate future.

nothing_100%
Unregistered guest
truth is that there is no 100% guarantee.
FTA,s are cheaper and are working now on dish.
The operative word is NOW, tomorrow who knows.

Silver Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 829
Ok you asked for a reply.The only unit that is working on all channels for n2 is the Dream Box.

And right now that is a freeware fix not cs.
Yes you can use the same dish. The DB requires a computer to program it.As far as pointing the dish if your at 110 and 119 now no you would not have to other wise you would. The other units talked about here are not open to be able to fix them tomorrow or down the line if need be.

Now all the kids can jump in here and do their nasty talk. Lie about everything they now nothing about.

Taking _baby_steps_2_Learn
Unregistered guest
Thanks Maple Leaf...How easy it is to program a Dreambox? I'm comfortable with computers but no clue on dish/N2/FTA. How is it different from the other boxes? Dreambox is not FTA? Will you please explain it for newbies like me.

dolphman
Unregistered guest
I have a pansat 1500 and after updating keys most of the channels dont work..I was told that I need to program it with a new program that I can download on the internet. NOw, if you havent noticed by now, I am new at this. I would like to know where I need to go to download such program and second, I would love to know what cable I need to buy to upload to my pansat box. Someone said something about either a null modenm cable or an rs 232 ??? Can anybody please help?

the real truth
Unregistered guest
damn messages are confusing to those newbies...

the truth is that all FTA boxes required to be programmed to pick up CableTV or DirectTV channels like PPV, HBO, SHOW, etc..

How to make your box works, read and learn. Find out what program to use for update software, which file is the latest that crack all channels open.

Keep in mind, we're all risking of buying these boxes. It can work today and it can be off tomorrow, or it can work for the next 3-5 years, who knows. These FTA boxes are legal to use without cracked software. It's illegal to use with cracked software, but only dealers get busted for that action. Not likely for individual like us. Software are updated very frequently and it's free on the internet, so it's better to learn and able to do it yourself.

Dreambox 500 is rated as the best one out there now, but it's a little costly. Ranging from $280-450.

Other FTA boxes like Fortec, Pansat, Cooolsat, etc, are cheaper, ranging from $90-250.

Great cheap one right now is the Fortect Lifetime Ultra, about $130 - 200.

Silver Member

Post Number: 830
The Dreambox is an FTA unit but it has an ethernet connection on the back for the internet and home networking. If you buy a Dreambox, make sure you buy where there is support. Otherwise, you will be in a lot of trouble without support. In order to program the db, you need to be able to set up a home network on your pc so you can talk to the db. Because after all, it is just another computer....something none of the others are. You get everything you need with the db when you buy it except the dishes, lnb's and wiring. You get the cables, adapters and everything for around $400.00 US. Where you buy it from will have all the manuals and files for you to download so you will be able to program it and be up and running in 20 minutes after you read the manuals. There are no keys to enter manually or anything like that. It's all done from a file that you download to your computer then transfer it to the db. That's why it's so important that you buy from someplace that gives you support. If you buy from an individual, Ebay, or some sites that don't have support, you're dead in the water.

Silver Member

Post Number: 831
The$280.00 one has no support for it. Bad thing.

keydriver
Unregistered guest
not true i have a dreambox and theres files on fta/central.cm that ive been usein. as for networkin and other stuff if your running xp home or pro it auto sets up for you sry maple i went threw this with u one time and taught me that when they first came out. think you just maybe forgot thanks

more truth
Unregistered guest
the great thing about Dreambox is that it has the SCART adapter for components output, excellent for HDTV.
the bad side is that you have to get some good basic knowledge of networking and pc in order to set it up, because it's a Linux base unit, act just like a pc.
Like I said again, if you know where to get the crack software and updatting it, then you won't need to buy support.

Silver Member

Post Number: 832
I've set up a lot of these. Sorry no i don't remember you. But yes fta/central has files.

I just perfer private sites with support. It makes life easy. LOL

more truth
Unregistered guest
knowledge is the power of free stuff in FTA...don't let people out there scam you for it. READ & LEARN....unless you can't read, then it's too bad.

more truth
Unregistered guest
knowledge is the power of free stuff in FTA...don't let people out there scam you for it. READ & LEARN....unless you can't read, then it's too bad.

THE-DICK
Unregistered guest
-THE TRUTH IS-Mable leaf is a "useless" DICK!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us