Help! Pansat 2500 Deep Fried!

Amelia
Unregistered guest
I honestly need help. I tried to flash my pansat 2500(im pretty sure its not a clone) but instead of loading up, it blacked out.Now, i cant even power up, no light comes on. Its completely DEAD!
The worse thing is, i then tried to re-flash it with the factory flash, reboot flash, etc...
Im out of ideas! Pls help me... : )

Dr. Lingus
Unregistered guest
You can try the Pansat 2500a Jtagless fixes out there. I had no luck with any of them. When you don't even have the Knightrider Lights flashing your kinda screwed. I doubt that you can flash it with your normal serial/com port connections. My receiver was completely black. I bought a Blackbird (unbuffered) jtag strap on line - you may be able to purchase them at your local Radioshack or upbeat satellite/electronic supply store. You have to solder the jtag header into your receiver (it comes with the jtag strap) to have something to attach the strap too. I tried a few programs with no luck. Blacklists jtag fix wouldn't fix it - it was a DOS command based program. One Jkeys Program, and Wall Program wouldn't do it. I found a program called jtag-pansat - 1,273 kb (with a lava 3200 program in it) and decent picture oriented "HOW TO" instructions and it did the trick. It was a tough go the first time ... but I could do it again dozens of times now without a problem. So you decide ... take it to your local crook and pay them $25-$50 to jtag your receiver or learn to do it yourself and never worry about frying your receiver again. Good Luck! ;)

HopeThis Help
Unregistered guest
How to JTAG your Pansat 2500A

Caution: Make sure you know what you are doing. Use this instruction as your own risk. I'm not responsible for any device damage and/or human body injure.

This instruction comes with all the needed files. Read the "JTagThe2500A.pdf" first to get some general idea about the jtag. Say many thanks to the author of this "JTagThe2500A.pdf" although I don't know your name.

1 Making a jtag cable. You can make a buffered cable or a simple 5 resistor cable. Read the "JTagThe2500A.pdf" for how to make a buffered cable. I suggest you to make a buffered cable although I just make a 5 resistor cable and it working well.

The 5 resistor cable connection:

DB25 male connector To Pansat JTAG plug
Pin 2 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 9
Pin 3 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 11
Pin 4 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 13
Pin 5 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 19
Pin 13---------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 15
Pin 18~25---------------------------------------------------> Pansat GND

Here is what I do:

I'm using a CAT5 network cable (about 1 meter) to make this JTAG cable. All the wires have a color so you won't mix them. I use 5 wires for signal and the rest 3 as GND.

Solder 5 100ohm resistors into DB25 Pin 2, 3, 4, 5 and 13. You can find the Pin number at the DB25 connector. Choose 5 wires and solder them into the other end of 5 resistors.

Solder the rest 3 wires to DB25 Pin 25, 23 and 21. You can choose any 3 Pins between DB25 Pin 18 to 25.

Write down the color and Pin number for future reference. Then you can close the DB25 cover.

Solder the other end of the CAT5 cable into Pansat JTAG connection. Pansat only have the JTAG solder pads. So you have to solder the cable into those pads or solder a PIN connector first. I just solder the cable into the pad. I hope I don't have to jtag it again. But who knows. If the Pansat still release the software likes the killer version 2.51, I may have to jtag it again.

On the Pansat PCB board, you can find the JTAG solder pads number. Solder the cable into the right pad. Use the information you just write down.

Solder the 3 wire GND into the Pansat PCB board. Do not solder them into the JTAG connection pads. Solder them into the big screw hold close to the front side.

Double check all the connections. Make sure they are all right. Make a incorrect cable can totally fry your box.

2 Now you are ready to jtag your Pansat 2500A. Take a break and have a deep breath.

3 Power down your box and connect the jtag cable into your PC printer port. Make sure the Pansat power switch is off and plug in the power cord.

4 Launch the wall.exe file. Ignore the warning about the ID.

5 Power on the Pansat. Click "Refresh Items" button on the wall. You will see a screen like this.

6 Run jkeys.exe. Ignore the worning about the port. Go to File->Preference and select "Parallel Port" then click OK

7 The jkeys will try to connect to your Pansat and display the jeys screen.

8 If you get any error message then power down your box and check the JTAG cable again and restart from step 2.

9 Select "Pansat 2500a" from the IRD model drop down list.

10 Click "Flash Programming" button and you will get a new dialog, just click OK and you will see the Flash Program screen.

11. Click Erase On the Chip/Sector Programming section.

12 Click Program on the Chip/Sector Programming section and select the Pansat boot6.bin file to program.

13 After the program finished, the Pansat will reboot and give you a knight rider. If you can get to this step then congratulation! Your Pansat has half life.

14. Close the jkeys and wall.

15 Take a break and have a deep breath.

16. Connect the RS232 cable into your Pansat. You don't have to remove the JTAG cable.

17 Run 2300-2500-1500 downloader.exe. Select the Pansat factory bin file and type "Pansat 2500A" for IRD type. Click download and want until it finished.

18. The Pansat will reboot and display "On".

Congratulations. Your Pansat 2500A is alive.

Pin numbering Inside Receiver is odd number on left even on right

Username: Khai2

Temple city, Ca Us

Post Number: 3
all you have to do is asking LK for a Address to fix the receiver for free...

Amelia
Unregistered guest
thank you guys! You have definitely given some very useful info here.Unlike some users here who,instead of giving advice, post deragatory remarks!
As for my Pansat, I tried to jtag it last night but after i opened the receiver, i changed my mind.... I am afraid of damaging the receiver further. I dont know what to do now. I called Pansat and they said for me to send it in with my name, address and tel #. They said the technicans will take a look at it. What do u think? Should I send it in? am i taking a risk here with giving them my persona info?

Dr. Lingus
Unregistered guest
First of all Amelia, your receiver is not damaged it's ... i guess you could call it confused. The boot sector is apparently wrecked. I have read that you can harm your chip with too much flashing. I have also read that it is BS. In my experience I have flashed and reflashed and screwed up and fixed every single receiver I have worked on without the need for a jtag. The "Black Death" file of Blacklists did a good job on my receiver and I'm happy now as I have a new skill. It's a safe bet that you can do very little wrong in attempting to jtag your receiver. It's kinda like doing CPR ... the person is dead ... the worst that will happen is they may come back to life. With your pansat the same is rather true. Your pansat is behaving like it's dead ... if you mess with it, following a little bit of logic ... really what could happen it may come back to life. If you can find a reputable character like LK to bring it back to life out of the kindness of his heart it may save you some headaches. Be cautious of Pansat unless they have given you some solid indication that they will fix it for free or cheap. It is possible that they may waste your time with company "spin". "You were not supposed to put 3rd party software on your Pansat. We are opposed to stealing of satellite signals. We are returning your Pansat and any expressed warranty is now invalid". Think hard Amelia, because what a rush it is when you see the Knightrider Lights return after jtagging the unit. I felt like a kid... YES! IT WORKED, YES,YES,YES! I friggin did it... Again, Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.

pansat user
Unregistered guest
i jtagged mine and it "revived" it. i bought a jtag cable on ebay for $13 shipped.

i used the Pansat 2500a Resucitator Kit. took less than 5 minutes

ss0478
Unregistered guest
since you've been so kind as to help amelia, i was wondering if someone can help me, too. our receive does turn on, but when we plug it and turn it on, the lights get scrambled and then it settles on 9 and nothing else happens. can someone help? thanks.

Troy2388
Unregistered guest
you need to boot repair or just flash it to the regular setting.

Username: Age

Post Number: 1
where can one find the lava 3200 jtag program you said you found dr. lingus?
I've been looking for it. I"m having no sucess with jkeys. can some direct me to this lava 3200 download.

Username: Dishwg

Plant City, Fl USA

Where did you get the download for the files to j-tag the pansat 2500 Thanks

Username: Age

Post Number: 2
try the sat forums there everywhere. its not hard to find them.

JTag 2500
Unregistered guest
Dr. Lingus. I tried to jtag my pansat 2500 using the Wall and Jkey programs and having no success. I have searched the net looking for the Lava 3200 Jtag progam that you have metioned and so far with no success. Could you please direct me the right website? Thank you.

Username: Ericeddieterry

Houston, Tx

can anyone direct me to where i can find instructions and software on programming the pansat 2500a...i'm very new and looking to learn the ropes...thanks

Dr. Lingus
Unregistered guest
Can't remember where I got the Lava 3200 program it was zipped in a package called jtag-pansat. I've also used the Skymax_up1.3 program that is included with the FULL PANNEL 04 LIFETIME TO PANSAT 2300 JTAG DUMP. It was a great program. The Skymax doesn't require alot of information it just connects and downloads files through the jtag. I jtagged a pansat 2500 and a fortecstar lifetime post march with an unbuffered jtag.

I tried to upload the files to this website, however, it only allows 1 kilobyte :P bummer...

Unregistered guest
Would there be someone out there that I could senf my 2500A to to get repaired. I tried..and unable to..would gladly pay someone to fix it. Please email me.

Anonymous

www.pansatusa.com...tell them WTF, I don't know whats broke, fix it..will fix for free

Anonymous

www.pansatusa.com ...tell them WTF, I don't know whats broke, fix it..will fix for free

dssfool
Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I'm new on this site. I tried to read all of the postings in order to learn to fix my Pansat 2500a without success. My receiver seems to be working fine but I can only view Gol TV and OnPPV Channel. I tried to load the 222 bin and then the 253 bin, but I still only get the same channels. I have also tried to enter the many different keys I found on the net. Plase help. Thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 45
Put the latest bin on your receiver. Go into the menu you used to put your keys into and hit "set default key"

Unregistered guest
Thank you,I need a downloader for pansat 2500a

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 155
There are many different ones at many different sites...just go download them..

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 156
Here's 5 different Pansat 2500 loaders just at www.dsscentral.n et

Blacklist Updater.zip
(size: 111.5 KB last modified: 09-18-2005 )
Blacklist's most recent updater for those who need it.

DOWNLOADER.exe
(size: 225.3 KB last modified: 09-17-2005 )
here is a loader for pansat

Downloader2500.exe
(size: 262.1 KB last modified: 10-14-2005 )
Downloader

dssRTVDownloaderV111.zip
(size: 35.0 KB last modified: 10-11-2005 )
A good Pansat Downloader to work with standard COM ports and USB->Serial COM ports.

2300_2500_1500 Downloader.exe
(size: 262.1 KB last modified: 10-04-2005 )

Unregistered guest
After lengthy reading sessions of this and other websites in regards to pansat 2500a, I have found this forum to be the most helpful. Thanks to all who give accurate resources where info can be obtained and downloaded.

Username: Odili

i am new i have a pansat 2500a and it power on but no display nor sound on my tv

Username: Mondingo

Post Number: 2
i have a pansat 2500a , i flash it and it give me an error, it boots up, nightrider light and then comes on, however , it wont take a new flash! Everytime i try to flash it , it gives me and error! Wat can i do to fix this, whats the problem! I was thinking many a certain file can fix this problem, or is it fried!

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 742
you have to load it when the lights first come on.....have loader ready cut reciever on in back when first light appears hit write or download on the stb loader you are using this may take several tries but it does work

billy439587
Unregistered guest
what satelites should i pick for southern california, i use pansat2500a, dish network

helpwanted2
Unregistered guest
okay look guys i got a reciever that has nothing on it. i ran the bin files but i can'd do anything else. i'm stuck in the installation menu and I don't see the 110 nor the 119 satellie. Someone please walk me through this. I'm literally starting off from scratch!

helpwanted2
Unregistered guest
okay look guys i got a reciever that has nothing on it. i ran the bin files but i can'd do anything else. i'm stuck in the installation menu and I don't see the 110 nor the 119 satellie. Someone please walk me through this. I'm literally starting off from scratch!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us