Color distored on a 50V500 Hitachi

Username: Ecastro

Post Number: 2
I recently started having problems with my 50V500 Hitachi. About a week ago my wife and I left the house for a couple of hours. She forgot to turn the tv off or something. When we got home, a blue light was on (power light). I dicided to change the light bulb. but it did not work. The screen looks bright and the writing on the cable menu looks faded. If someone had or has this problem, I need your help. Please help me. I miss my T.V. Does anybody think is the power supply and if so how much does it cost. By the way the 1 year warranty expired. Does anybody think I need a power outlet search.

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 526
Let me guess the TV is less then 2 years old. If you had done some research you wuold have read on the fourums MOST if not of the ongoing issues you read here happen with these RP TVs within the first 2 years. You would also read most of the highly knowledgable fans of that technology here highly recommend the purchase of an extended warranty. (which is the first of many reasons NOT to buy one).

Another item you would have noticed is that most RP TVs display their deepest blacks while waiting for service....even as simple as a replacement lamp for weeks!

This technology in my opinion is NOT ready for the average Joe who is used to trouble free Televisions for 7-10 years. This is a hands on. Pay as you go technology. Thats the entry price for your "Dick Tracy" like cartoonish picture.

If you would have bought at Costco you would be ok as they will take a bad product back for years after purchase. If you bought at Best Buy the sales dweebs will not feel sorry for you becasue you did not fork up another $400 for a rip off warranty....you could have bought from Wal Mart for $189........Live and learn....do the reseach next time.
Did you do any research at all before laying down $2500. Hitachi makes much better rpCRTs.

A recent review:

5 weeks downtime"
by M.A. (see profile) - June 25, 2005

3 out of 3 people found this review helpful.
Pros:
I like everything about the machine except the repairs

Cons:
I'm on my 2nd major repair.

Full user opinion
Bought this from Circut City Nov. 2004.
February a shadow appeared. Had to replace the Video Card.
May the screen went black. Took 7 days to get a repair scheduled. Fan quit working and blew the bulb. I'm currently awaiting parts. Down with no picture for 2 1/2 weeks going on three. Gonna be a month or more before it's back in operation.
I bought the Circut City Guarentee so the repairs are w/o charge but still ... One more repair and I'll qualify for the "no lemon" replacement provision. Pain in the tail.

This GUY BOUGHT the EW and still has no TV.......

Those who are on the fence with this technology need to read this stuff and not believe it cannot happen to them....or believe it and maybe be the next poster here asking for help.

Silver Member
Username: Dlp4me

Post Number: 185
You intellectualy impotent types are fun to mess with, tom! Since you seem to keep repeating yourself to stay in the forefront of the forum, let me assure you that I can do the same.

There are over 5 million DLP's in service from over 75 makers, and you group a few glitches from two forums, form a shallow, narrow minded opinion, and crusade to pan a truly wonderful display revolution. You haven't even owned one yet, but they're all chopped liver to you. Your effort to compare CRT to lamp projector technology and then claim that consumable lamps in DLP's are proof of a flawed technology is absurd. I see where you whine about millions of flipping mirrors, but I can't find a failed DMD chip thread. You cry about spinning color wheels, but I can't find the failed color wheel thread, either. I see where you have grouped Panasonic LCD lamp failures and Sony LCD display failures in with DLP to form your opinions. Honest objectivity is absent from your determinations. You may have convinced yourself that DLP is not one of the highest quality displays in the history of display technology and that's fine. Preaching your non-objective bulshit opinions on others to the extent that you have (455 posts since July) is a whole new twisted motivation that many folks will find disturbing. Perhaps you should consult a professional shrink about this bizzar obsession of yours.

I'm all for anyone choosing the product they want. Makes no difference to me. Until D-ILA LCOS is a faster refreshing proven technology, I'm of the opinion that the DLP display is the absolute best available on the market today. It's a brilliant, sharp, clear, accurately colorful experience with the right signal put to it. It can't even be matched by anything out there in my opinion.

DLP is the superior and preferred projection technology of professional Cinemas. They have billions invested to display content the way that producers and directors intended. With 35 trillion colors (8 times more than film) and no fade or flutter it has surpassed film in reproductive display quality. Having a mini version of that in my home has been an incredible pleasure for me. I highly reccommend that anyone interested in having the very best in home theater consider a beautiful DLP display of their choice. Compliment that with a quality surround sound system and pop some corn. Reasonably priced home theater doesn't get any better!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1612
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/137594.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/137594.html

Ditto........Read and learn people. Or read the advertising above by a Texas Instrument employee.

Its your call. Where do you want to put YOUR money today?

Silver Member
Username: Dlp4me

Post Number: 209
Be careful if you are reading a "tom bong" post.
Don't get caught in the "bong spin zone"!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/158832.html

BTW, no charge for my opinion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 563
SPAM cut and paste.....run out of thoughts again. This always happens to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us