Digital Video essentials... is it worth it?

Username: Mtp78

Post Number: 2
Hi, Just purchased a 32" hitachi lcd.I have no idea if it is turned correctly or not, Is it worth to try V E to try an calibrate the panel? Is it easy to use for a novice? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 649
Your eyes are the best judge of what looks good. Ya think? Some people like bright screens, some like darker more filmlike imaging. Set it up for your enjoyment. Not what someone elses opinion of correct is. you are not broadcasting as signal.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 877
DVE is very simple to use. It will walk you though the adjustments and you will get better perfomance out of your set. Better black levels, accurate colors and a smoother clearer picture can be achieve very easily. I would HIGHLY recommend it.

I know I personally want an ACCURATE picture, not just my "best guess" at what the picture was intended to be. It is hard to tell what is acurate when you have nothing to compare it to. If my TV makes the Eifel tower look blue but I've never been to France, how do I know my TV is not displaying color correctly? That's where DVE or AVIA come into play.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us