JVC-52G786 color issue

Username: Fenderman

Post Number: 1
I am the happy owner of this new TV recently purchased @ Best Buy. Inputs to the TV are DVD and Direct-TV (non HD) via s-video. Composite outputs from those sources are available, I just have not got the cables yet. BTW - will composite cables visibly improve the picture over the S-Video cables?

The problem is that while watching either video source, what was "white" on screen gets a green tinge to it as the scene darkens. It's subtle, but now that I see it, it's annoying.

Is there a good test DVD I need to calibrate this thing? Is a service manual available via the group or elsewhere? I've got scopes and signal generators, do I need any other test equipment?

Thanks for your time..... (and I really LOVE this set. It was chosen over Sonys and Mitsubishis. To my eye the technology is superior.)

Jim

Username: Maverikm

Post Number: 6
I think you mean component outputs, and yes component will give you a noticable difference.
As far as calibration, there is Digital Video Essentials and AVIA discs.

Bronze Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 77
Component cables (red, blue green) will be a improvement over S-Video. A big one.

HS

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 851
Jim-

DVD players should definitely be hooked up with component cables (red, green, blue). S-video is garbage and should be avoided if possible. You should also think about upgrading to an HD signal. You might not be too happy with the non HD signal after long. It's like buying a sports car for your daily stop and go traffic commute. It will do the job, but you might not be happy.

ikoiko
Unregistered guest
Jim,

For DVD, HDMI yields the best result. To continue the car analogy...not using HDMI is akin to driving a convertible sports car and keeping the top up all the time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us