DirecTV @ Wal-mart

CoDeC
Unregistered guest
Hello,
I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and I noticed that they had DirecTV, I found this very useful because i am thinking about getting directv and i wanted to see it in action. Anyways, the first time I went there it was a movie, yeah picture quality looked AWESOME, then i went in again, and it was on ch. 100 and the picture quality was good, but it was blurry. It wasnt WICKED blurry,( dont get me wrong picture quality was good, but)It was like a little bit blurry, and the words were deformed (its hard to explain), but after a few seconds it went away and looked fine. it did this every time it changed the picture. I am just wondering if thats just what directv does or looks like? or if its just walmart, or if its just that channel. ill post a picture of what i mean if anyone doesnt understand

LK
Unregistered guest
I believe it was either Walmarts cables,dish,Tv, or whatever....DTV comes in very sharp and clear ..

CoDeC
Unregistered guest
What do you think about installing DTV yourself instead of having someone come and do it?

LK
Unregistered guest
Thats up to U..If U are going to subscribe the 1- 4 room installation is FREE,take advantage of it..U cannot hack DTV, so U must be subbing or sharing a sub..why do U want to do it yourself?...either way,difficulty is based upon the individual..some can install very easily in less than 1 hour...others think its extremely difficult and could never accomplish...all it is, is a dish,dishmount,dish alignment and cable...,U decide!...obviously the more rooms the more difficult..

CoDeC
Unregistered guest
"so U must be subbing or sharing a sub.."
What's a sub? im kinda new to this

LK
Unregistered guest
SUBSCRIPTION = SUB

CoDeC
Unregistered guest
OH OH lol oops, well the reason why i wanna do it myself is because we have an installer come and he said there was too many trees around my house, but he only took a quick glance and was there for less than 5 min.(and on top of that it was raining out) so i decided to do some research and i believe i can get a good signal. i wanna put it wheres theres clear sky but like under the sky theres tops of trees, but the trees are lower

Ronald Mcdonald
Unregistered guest
Directv's satellites are higher in the sky then dish network so if your worried about getting a signal you would have better luck with DTV then DISH.

Tom Jo
Unregistered guest
I am new in these stuff LK, how we can share a sub?
can you explain it for me?
is it like you get two recivers for two rooms with
(cause it is free for up to 4 rooms)two cards and then give it to a friend with an extra dish and LNB?

CoDeC
Unregistered guest
So what your saying is if i point the dish looking at tops of trees, the signal would actually come from above the trees?

LK
Unregistered guest
IF the DTV insatller said its not a clear view sight,they are usually correct...they do it every day and get paid a fair value for their labors..I see no reason why he wouldn't install if it were possible..U can try it yourself,if U doubt his abilities...basically aim the dish towards Mexico..U will have to pay for all the hardware yourself now also,if U are unsucessful and cannot subscribe due to a lack of a clear line of sight..

Ton JO...yes exactly...U give the receiver/s with the card/s inside to your bud/s who plug it in and connect it to their own roof dishes,no matter where they live in North America..they might not get your DTV satellite local channels if they sre geographically seperated by some distance (usually 100-200 miles or more away)...and no others except the account owner plugs in the phone line...and recommend all sharers order PPV using the owners DTV account online registration info..then all TV's and sharers will also get the PPV's...then U all split the monthly bill..I jnow of some who have 12 receivers on their accounts,but usually DTV limits it to about 6 or so now,depends upon the customer rep that particular day..

Tom Jo
Unregistered guest
Thanks LK, I live in Toronto, Canada.
Do they provide DTV for canada?
and can we have share sub with BEV same like DTV?

LK
Unregistered guest
DTV and Dishnetwork cannot subscribe to a non US address..

Tom Jo
Unregistered guest
Ok Lk ,I got it,but can we share a sub with BEV?
I guess that is the only provider in Canada

dtv_is_junk
Unregistered guest
DTV's picture quality is pretty bad. way too much compression. did you try watching the monday night football game tonight? oh my god it was horrid. pixelation, and all kinds of video noise.

Ocala
Unregistered guest
Directv's satellites are higher in the sky then dish network so if your worried about getting a signal you would have better luck with DTV then DISH.

LMAO know I've heard everything..

Go away bone breath

answerman 99
Unregistered guest
The Satellites are all at the altitude. About 25000 miles over the equator. That way they appear to be stationary. The difference is the longitude over which they are located. At some locations this may cause you to aim your dish at a higher angle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us