Cable Modems & TV Converters, watch or surf for free

Bronze Member
Username: 3dmatrix

Post Number: 41
Watch TV or Surt the Web for Free

We are selling off our used devices. The items are used but in good condition. Each is pre-programmed and comes as a complete system and carries our 10 day money back guaranty. We moving our retail sales to distributors so we want to sell off the used equipment we have.

TV Converters -- each comes pre programmed with a test platinum package or one of your choice. Watch TV tomorrow.
We have 5 used General Instruments CATV Digital Converters Model DCT2244

Cable Modems -- each one has a pre-assigned MAC address, no internet account required to access the internet. Each comes with an inline filter.
We have 8 used Motorola SURFBoard SB5100 cable modems.

All units come with data cables, programming software and are ready to go, plug and play. Sales are on a first order basis.

All used units are $99.00 shipping included. These are complete systems to include hardware (modem & converters) plus all programming software. To order go to www.toddsoft.com/extreme/extremeshop and click on used units. Our support group is available until 11:00pm each day. extreme@toddsoft.com. Next day shipping is available at an extra charge, normal shipping is 2 days.

**We still have new units but we are liquidating our used inventory.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
We also have a few used Pansat 2500A that we received. We don't do Sat stuff. These boxes have 8 digit serials and have never been modified. We are selling them off for $75. To order go to our site and select Sat Receivers - Pansat and then select the used option. It takes $50 bucks off of the new price of $125.

www.toddsoft.com/extreme

Unregistered guest
i had $time warner for free using 2 old boxes a friend gave me about 9 months ago in manhatten.
one was a catv converter gerrold 450 model drz-3, which i believe was unchipped and went to channel 69, that got basic channels, cnn and a few others.
he also gave me a general instruments converter model 105 with gerrold remote no 550.
he believed it was chipped.
that box went upto channel 99 and i used to get hbo, max, cnbc and ngc.
$time warner has rewired my building and has put in a totally new digital cable line in a different location in all the apartments.
i get a CE message on the boxes and i believe the signal hjas been disconnected from the old cable.

i get no signal on the cable channels, a fuzzy signal on abc,cbs,etc. that is probably just regular broad cast signal.
is it possiable the old cable is still operative. i dont think so.
can i do something "chip" the boxes to just recieve 1-99 using the new digital cable that i have been hearing about in satellite forums.
i hear theyre still broadcasting analogue.
i do not care if i get any of the premium channels,can i just chip these boxes or buy new boxes and take whatever is still left, over the new digital lines,assuming that the old analogue cables where disconnected, of which i feel quite sure.
also will $time warner know if i plug in the boxes myself pre or after chipping to experiment on the knew digital cable line.
i am not sure they have turned on the servive to my particular line.
any way of checking if there is a signal short of plugging in the boxes.
thanks for any help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
When the company switches from analog to digital the old boxes just don't work anymore. Once digital cable is in you can receive basic cable without a box. If you are not getting any signal at al (no channels) when hooking up directly to your TV they have a trap on the line and the signal is not getting through. The trap is usually at the pole or at a box outside. The trap stops the basic channels from coming through. This does not mean that they trapped the internet signal just the TV basic service from getting through.

Some areas they have left the analog signal on but most they have changed. If the trap was not there you would know if the analog signal was active.

Does not matter what you do to the boxes if they trapped the signal they are not going to work.

Hope this helps

ET

bobcablegreece
Unregistered guest
on every floor there is a locked box with wires running down the hallways to every apartement. i assume the trap or some type of switch is in that locked box. i may be able to get access to the box. in that event will i not need any box whatsoever for basic cable if my tv is digital compatiable.
also could i use a splitter to attaCH to an older model tv that im certain is not digital compatiable.
in the event im recieving basic service will $warner know ive disabled the trap or enabled the signal. the locked boxes is in stairway.
thanks for your quick response

Anonymous

MY Opinion IT"S A SCAM!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us