Should I get an FTA?

TXmike
Unregistered guest
Take it easy on me I don't know too much about this, but a couple of questions. I used to "test" direct TV with the P3 and I got most of my advice from www.dssfilexpress.com but they are now shut down (don't know what happened but I was a member and luckily the sub was about out so I did not lose any money) Anyhow I know the dishnet stuff is getting more difficult too, but I was reading about FTA and thought it would be fun just to try out to see what I could get without trying to hack anything.

I see receivers on eBay starting at about 100 bucks or so shipped, is there still enough really free channels to watch without trying to hack (I may want to do this in the future though) or should I just forget about it? I do have a paid sub to dish so really the only thing I liked "testing" Dave for was the PPV stuff, Ultimate fights, wrestling PPV etc.

I would appreciate any advice anybody could give,
THanks
Mike in TX

Bronze Member
Username: Jdq

Post Number: 30
TX right now you can get all pay per view including UFC,just no p*rn so it would be a good idea to get a free to air.You can get all files and program it yourself on many different sites.

TXmike
Unregistered guest
Jdq
thanks if I want the PPV such as UFC any advice as to what receiver to get there are a lot of them out there, and what could I expect from one off the shelf vs. "hacked"?

FOr now I am just interested in hooking up an FTA with an old Dave dish to see what happens.

Lingus
Unregistered guest
Unless you are into "God Channels" or speak a foreign language true FTA has little to offer. 99.9 % of the FTA's being sold are "hacked". FTA works fine with Dave dish. It is much easier to "fix" than Directv was. No cards, no special machine. You'll like it. Try it out!

my2cents
Unregistered guest
FTA is way to go now. It's kind of pricy now to get a box with pre programmed with hack software. Dealers who sold these box programmed are risking themself for jail time. But these box are legal when's not programmed.

There are tons of sites provide updated hack software to make it works. All you have to do is just knowing how to get that updated hack soft into your box and you're set. There are many instruction posted. Just spend little time google or search for it.

LK
Unregistered guest
Only U can decide..there is much conflicting opinions amongst peeps about FTA...some say there is NO real nagra2 hack now, thats its just a temp workaround now that will be killed soon and FTA receivers will only be good for the limited UNencrypted TRUE FTA channels..NOBODY can tell U for sure how long the present situation will remain...so your question basically comes down to your reason for wanting a FTA and your financial position..If U can afford a possible financial loss, then buy...or if U just want a new hobby (not Free TV) then buy...

TXmike
Unregistered guest
Lingus, 2cents and LK, thanks for the info. I may just get one and check out what is there for free (not into the Religious channels or foreign) but would be interesting to see and maybe then, like you say, I can play around with it to see about PPV stuff.

One other thing, is there any good stuff on the big dishes still? I don't even know if I would have room for it in the yard but I remember years ago a friend of a friend had one of those, had to move it around for different sats but would get some really cool stuff like uncut feeds from football games, you could hear the announcers BS with each other when they went to commercial. I know this is a totally different topic, but is that worth exploring or do they have all those channels encrypted now?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us