Telstar 5

Bronze Member
Username: 99centrobot

Illinois

Post Number: 19
Trying to get some international channels on Telstar 5. Does anyone know if a motorized dish would pick up this sat with the cooolsat 4000 pro? I have heard that a Superdish would do the trick too. Anyone know?

Anonymous

get a motorized 33 or 36in dish with c/ku lbn that way you should be able to pickup whatever free channels are floating around in space

Bronze Member

Illinois

Post Number: 20
thanks....

Username: Sotto

Post Number: 2
i need help with intern ch 61.5
thank u

Username: Sotto

Post Number: 3
help with 61.5 for pansat 2500a

Anonymous

Start your own thread Sotto! This thread is for Telstar5 97w Not 61.5, hi jacking threads is Rude and done here all the time because there's no moderators telling people not to do this!!!

Bronze Member

Illinois

Post Number: 25
Telstar5 is available to us with the Superdish which i found that you can pick up on Ebay for under 100 bucks. I've been trying to get TFC (the filipino channel) on 110 or 119 but was told most of the Asian and European channels are on Telstar5. My buddy has a motorized dish (again under 100) and gets all the international stations from T5 along with a few other birds.
The motor looks like the best way to go..but I might give the Superdish a try first..i'll post my results here when/if I get any.

Anonymous

Save your self some money and pick up an old Primestar dish 30"x40" for anywhere from free to $20 just for removing it from someones yard! This is what I'm using with a Hughes single coax(important as old ones have 2 H&V) Linear LNBF, gets a great picture at only a 52% hit which aint bad as FTA is lower than Dish! I have too many trees for a motorized dish.

Bronze Member

Illinois

Post Number: 26
hmmmm...primestar..interesting to see how far we've all come since those days! Hell I HAD a primestar dish way back when..who knew!

Anonymous

99 I learned this one by searching the net, kept seeing size does matter even in true FTA. So I thought wait a minute I still see old Primestar dishes in peoples yards, a Googel search verified that they work great! However if your lucky you'll find a later model with a single coax, I never found the right switch to split the signal for the 2 coax for H & V & have 110&119 together on the same box! So you sometimes find the LNBF for anywhere for $15-$28 on Ebay.

Bronze Member

Illinois

Post Number: 27
now you got me interested...i'll do a search.

Anonymous

99 I tried to get the filipino channel on T5 but it's encryted & can't. My wife is from Burma and can speak some Thai. MR3TV is Burmese and most of it is in English and there are about 3-4 Thai stations we get as well. Euro news is in Eng. and so is Living Asia (like the travel channel) It's one of the Best birds to park a big dish on.
I had to manual scan for the Burma and Blue Kiss by using the parameters I found on the Lyngsat chart, as they don't come in using an auto scan for some reason. Blue kiss is P0rn from England was up for about 3 weeks, been down for 2 weeks now though just get their logo and some music says their having technical difficulties. Everyone should learn how to read the Lyngsat chart, it's a very usefull tool for FTA!

FTA_Lover
Unregistered guest
I have a superdish from dishnet and i get all the channels on 110, 119 and 121...by reading here, you guys gave me the idea that i can get T5 also. What do i have to do to get it? Do i have to get on the roof and add another LNB? I'm a newbie so please be patient if my qstn is stupid ;) Maybe when dishnet set up my dish, they blocked T5? Is it possible?

Anonymous

If it's Dishnet rcvr. NO if it's a FTA receiver you just need a dish pointed at T5 with a linear LBNF and you'll need a channel list with T5 97w
flashed into your box to do a auto scan. If it's not listed in your channel list you can't set up your diseqc switch, nor scan the bird. Don't ask me where you can get a channel list, they are at some of the sights spoken about here in the forum where your bin files are.

FTA_Lover
Unregistered guest
Thanks anon! I have dishnet rcvr and FTA. Using the FTA, i am receiving all those channels. I was wondering if i could receive T5 channels too. Is it easy to add a linear LNB to the dish? I guess the dishnet LNBs are not linear then? Where do i buy the linear LNB? Is it gonna mess up the dishnet set up if i am able to add a new linear LNB? Thanks again.....long live FTA !!!

Anonymous

Check on ebay for a linear LNBF and holder, then if your dish is pointed close enough and clear line of site the trick will be to point that twoards the center of the dish if possible. Unles of course you've a motorized dish and trees aren't an issue. do a search on eBay for the LNB and holder, probably can buy both from the same dealer!

FTA_Lover
Unregistered guest
Thanks again anon! At least now i know there are different types of LNBs. I have no clue how to add one to my dish though. I'm gonna give it a shot anyway. long live FTA !

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Dayton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 121
MY BUDDY HAS AN OLD PRIMESTAR DISH JUST SITTING ON HIS HOUSE, ANYONE INTERESTED?? LET ME KNOW, TIM

bluekiss
Unregistered guest
Anyone getting 'bluekiss' on T5?

Username: Az58

Post Number: 1
I like to see albanian tv but is encripted I can see all other tv-s of 5ku. I have a last file of 2700a and I see everything on 110,119 and 61.5 but not this albanian tv becouse is encipted.
Does anybody have any idea how I can receve this channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us