Pansat 3000

Username: Jacknk

Post Number: 1
For those of us that ordered a Pansat 2500 and got a Pansat 3000 does anyone have pictures or diagrams on hooking up JTAG. It is different from the Pansat 2500 and every other unit I have seen. I believe it to be a 6 pin jtag but not sure of the pin-outs. It may be hopeless.

LK
Unregistered guest
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/159977.html

LK
Unregistered guest
Beleive its the same as the Pansat 2500..the premade Jtag cable U buy is for all receivers.

http://www.thesatshack.com/fta-jtag.html

This Jtag fixes all FTA receivers including the Blackbird, Silver Bullet, Pansat and Fortec. It fixes all models including the ST-1000/ST-2000, SN-1000, BOBs, Lifetime Ultra, 2300, 2500A and more!

Post Number: 2
LK,
Thanks for the response but the Pansat 3000 is different. It has what I think might be JTAG pads but they are not even numbered. I am attaching a picture of the board, the pads are on the front of the picture. Any help would be appreciated.
Upload

LK
Unregistered guest
after seeing the pix..its definitely the same..

bobbyr_59
Unregistered guest
I have an unmodified Pansat 3000. The motherboard looks exactly like the photograph in the previous message with 2 exceptions: 1) My motherboard has a heatsink on the CPU. 2) My JTAG port has a male DIP header.

I've traced the lines from the 10 pin JTAG port to the STi5518 CPU with an ohm meter. The JTAG port pin assignments are exactly the same as a Pantec. So, a Pantec JTAG cable will work on a Pansat 3000. A link to JTAGging a Pantec (complete with diagrams) can be found here: http://www.curious-contraptions.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1169 .

Post Number: 3
Thanks guys. Bobby, I went to the curious contraptions site and found the picture where it does look the same. The pictures I had seen showed what looked to be a larger plug. The last picture in the adobe files shows the pin-outs that looks very similar to mine. Thanks very much.

Username: Cdrcata

Post Number: 2
one difference to pansat 2500A it's the flash memory which is 2MB instead of 1 MB of 2500A originals, I have one (3000) and the picture look exactly like what I have. Used the 251 bin , went dead, I jtag'ed and now is back to life. I had also tried the 253 bin and the 279 from fortec, had to jtag again two times , lol, so I'll wait till a clone safe bin comes out.

bobbyr_59
Unregistered guest
I've been running N2 on my Pansat 3000 for the last couple of days.

Before loading a N2 bin, I installed a 1" fan on the CPU. I shorted CPU pins 191 & 192, joined them to a 10K resistor and soldered the other end of the resistor to ground. I then flashed a Pansat factory bin, then loaded the Pansat 253 N2 bin. Got N2 right away.

If you don't do the resistor mod, the 253 bin will corrupt the flash ROM, requiring a JAG to repair it.

MEGALO SKATOS
Unregistered guest
GREAT INFO CATLIN GRAGOS, AND BOBBYYR_59

IT'S INFO LIKE THAT THAT REALLY CONRIBUTES, SAVES MANY HEADACHES,

CONGRATS, BRAVO, AND THANKS =)

MEGALO SKATOS
Unregistered guest
GREAT INFO CATLIN GRAGOS, AND BOBBYYR_59

IT'S INFO LIKE THAT THAT REALLY CONRIBUTES, SAVES MANY HEADACHES,

CONGRATS, BRAVO, AND THANKS =)

ksix
Unregistered guest
how do i locate pins 191,192 on the cpu. thanks in advance

Username: Totalgq

Hi! I have a Pansat 3000 and after the N1 downfall I was unable to do anything with it. I have no idea of what this JTAG does. The person I bought the Pansat 3000 send me the N2 files and once loading them on, I installed it the receiver to my TV and went through the steps of setting it up for "Factory Default". The Pansat 3000 worked no longer then 2mins and it went dead completely.

Could someone kindly let me know what might have gone wrong along with what JTAG does and is used for?

Diagnosis I have done;
-I have check the fuse (OK).
-Check the Power Cord (OK).

I am currently residing in Toronto (Canada). Looking to get the International Channels (N2).

Unregistered guest
I just recently purchased a PANSAT 2700A running DISH wideopen. I am totally new to this free to air stuff. Can someone help me in providing me with instructions as to how to go about loading a new program (bin) or keys if necessary ? Where would I get them ? Are they unqiue per receiver ?Is it easy or is it extremely complicated ? What do I need to do ? Please help. Can I mess up my receiver ? I used to reprogram my HU card if that helps.

Username: Bryantv8

i have a pansat 2700A and i dont know anything about it. anyone wana help me on how to programm it

no1b4us
Unregistered guest
I have a Pansat 3000 and it runs great.

I recall some one saying they are better than the orginals for some type of excess capacity and learn now they have 2MB of flash ram where orginals only had 1MB. Good to know.

They rumoured this was advantageous with N2, I dunno... mine works fine, crisp, quick, no probs, freezing on too few channels to be a worry but that's the fix...the bin, nothing to do with box.

Box is fine, Better and Cheaper that 2500a too... dealer said it was the same, thats why I bought it. Now I learn it is better, kewl.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us