How can I know whether my pansat 2500a is clone or genuine?

Anonymous

My pansat is dead. Do you know whether my pansat 2500a is clone or genuine? Chip is 29LV800BBTC-90.
How can i fix it?

LK
Unregistered guest
The following statement is from the manufacturer itself.

Summary of Counterfeit Product Characteristics

 Pansat does not make or sell 3000 series products. Thus, any and all products sold with Pansat 3000 model are counterfeit satellite receivers.

 The paint color on counterfeit satellite receivers is greenish silver. There is a noticeable difference in the color of the top cover when compared to the front panel's color. Authentic Pansat satellite receivers are produced in a "Sony silver" color.

 A vinyl protection sheet, which is typically adhered to the top of the satellite receiver, is missing in the counterfeit product. Authentic products always have a protective vinyl sheet applied to them in case of damage during transportation.

 Counterfeit receivers have top cover ventilation holes which are noticeably square shaped rather than a smooth, round shape as the authentic model has.

 The bottom chassis of counterfeit receivers are flat whereas authentic receivers have several more, upward-punched, square shaped holes.

 Counterfeit models have a sticker label listing UL (safety standard) and FCC compliance on the back panel. Sticker label format has been discontinued and is no longer used to list UL and FCC compliance. Authentic models have a UL & FCC clause directly printed onto the metal on the back of the receiver and should be accompanied by a small sticker indicating the month of the product's manufacture (e.g. Sep. 2004 -- (SB)).

 A serial number is not attached on both the gift box and the unit (back or bottom) on counterfeit satellite receiver models. It appears as an alpha-numeric listing such as "4G4- " on the FCC sticker label. There is a possibility that a completely fake serial number may be created and attached on counterfeit units in the future. Authentic Pansat satellite receivers will list an eight ( digit serial number consisting of year, month, unit sequence & other numbers and is located on the bottom of the receiver chassis and on the top side of gift box.

LK
Unregistered guest
info so far: This "Panster 251 Virus" is focused on the TSOP. If you have a TSOP 29LV800BTC-70 or a 39VF800A70-4C-EX CHIP on your mainboard you are a target. If you have a 29LV800BTC-90 you are ok. Simply put.. if you have a -90 Series TSOP you should be OK.

This is presuming U have a genuine (not cloned) receiver, and U put the factory bin or boot repair file on first, before U ever load ANY newer bin/flash on to your receiver..

LK
Unregistered guest
info so far: This "Panster 251 Virus" (sometimes referred to as a killer bin) is focused on the TSOP. If you have a TSOP 29LV800BTC-70 or a 39VF800A70-4C-EX CHIP on your mainboard you are a target. If you have a 29LV800BTC-90 you are ok. Simply put.. if you have a -90 Series TSOP you should be OK.

This is presuming U have a genuine (not cloned) receiver, and U put the factory bin or boot repair file on first, before U ever load ANY newer bin/flash on to your receiver..

This info is true of the 253 bin also..

LK
Unregistered guest
I called one guy at pansatusa.com and another I called was at pansatusa.net..They both told me the clones were not produced until late September/ early October and that also THE INITIAL PANSATS DID HAVE A STICKER for the FCC clause and not medal indentation. There were stickers on the true Pansats until September 2004.In September 2004 they then did away with the stickers.

Dennin
Unregistered guest
I checked my chip and came up with this sequence,
M29W800DB
70N6 X
5BSOA
KOREA ,,,The unit is a Pansat 2500A The big chip on the board is STi5518BQC, all other indication are that it is not a clone, has anyone seen a similar chip ,, help please,,

Dennin
Unregistered guest
Just to clarrify my above post,,replace KOREA with SINGAPORE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us