TV Converter, P4/P5 & Cable Modem Hack

Bronze Member
Username: 3dmatrix

Post Number: 12
For what it is worth:

Basic Cable: You do not need a box to view basic cable.

Analog Cable: You can use a descrambler to receive the premium channels. There are many companies who still sell them. They "DO NOT" work on digital cable.

Digital Cable: There is not a hack for digital cable boxes, period.

Filters: Most are scams, they do not get you premium channels. Some do block the signal from being returned to your cable provider so your pay-per-view do not show but that is only in a few areas and on a few boxes that it works on.

Cloning: You can purchase a digital box on ebay etc, that you can clone but you need to have a subscription (good box) to clone from. Make sure your new box has an active serial port.

Free Internet Service: If you have basic cable you can use a modified cable modem to get unlimited bandwidth and internet service without charge but you have to have basic cable.

P4/P5 Sat Card: There is no hack for the P/4/P5 card. Before you could use voltage glitching with an F, H or HU card by using an unlooper and programmer, but not with the P4/P5 cards. You can clone a sub though but it has to be a paid sub.

In review all the info I have given is pretty basic. The best advice is to Read, Read, Read.

I post this info before but keep getting more requests so: You can PM me or email us at www.toddsoft.com/extreme (that's where us old hackers are and our host is www.toddsoft.com/tcg they are nice enough to let us work there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
We have received more information requests about getting free internet service here is info for everyone:

As with any of our post and items we sell we tell you how they work or how to do it yourself.

We start by using the system developed by TCNIISO (http://www.tcniso.net/index.php) their system allows you to get unlimited bandwidth. We then modify it so you can receive internet service via basic cable. We purchase them for $99.00 and then do the modifications. We wrote our own programming software but they have the best hardware package we have found to date.

How it works: as long as you have basic cable and there is not a filter on your line. I have never seen one yet but that does not mean there isn't one. If you have internet access now then there is not a filter on your line. You will connect the modem to the cable and to your PC. Run the software. It will first find your cable provider (we like to set it before it goes out). Then you will need to run our software. It will connect and config your modem for you. That's it. Start surfing.

Everything we do and sell is pretty open. If we build on other technology we tell you, if there is another way to do it we tell you. If you look at our recent post about converter cloning we say we sell them but then we go on to say exactly how it is done so individuals can do it themselves. Our software just makes it faster and automatic.

We don't keep any personal information of yours that is why we use the greendot payment system. Credit card companies nor paypal like some of the products we sell. They are for testing and hobby purpose but oh well.

Please feel free to contact us any time with your questions or questions about any item we carry. Also if there is a specific piece of software, scripting or device you need, please let us know and we will try and find it for you or we can build it ourselves.

Cable Hacker
Unregistered guest
would it be possible to hook up ur cable box to your computer via serial and extract the data then put the data extracted from the original box on to another box? that would be a great start with hacking digital cable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Yes you can clone it, I posted how to do it before, here is is again hope this helps.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION TO DO IT YOURSELF

For example we will use a General Instruments DCT 2244. The serial port must be opened (this is done by your cable company). To check and see if your box's serial port is open use a simple free program called PonyProg2000. If your return is FFFFF or 00000 more than likely it is not. If you want to find out read from the serial and change line one from FF to 06 and write this to the box. Then re-read it. If the 06 appears then your port is open. The easy way to determine if your serial port is open is that win-xp will detect when you cable to the box from your PC.

Once you are connected you can setup the box as an external drive. You can also connect to it using hyper terminal. You need a sub box to clone so attach to it and open the files and copy the Model/Serial/Unit Number as it appears.

Then connect to the box you want to clone. Open each file and look for the line that starts with the model number.

Model/Serial/Unit Number: For our example 2244/5862/xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now edit it to match your subscribed converter.

Cable Hacker
Unregistered guest
what I was asking basically is can we all share the info extracted from the cable box to put on our cable boxes, like info extracted from one persons box they send the file and put it on my Cable Box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Yes that is exactly what I am talking about. One person with a subscription and other "family members" with cloned boxes. Of course they are just "testing" as a hobby.

Anonymous

You say you can clone a sub P4/P5, I thought there was no way to write to a card at this time?

Cable Hacker
Unregistered guest
very interesting info, what can of serial cable do I need to extract data from my cable box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I don't say I can and frankly I don't know exactly how it is done. I know the technical aspects of it but our groups is not involved in it. The only time we were was back in the Vorlorn time and if you are a true tester you will know who and what I am speaking of.

I have seen it in part but that is for other people to do. There are lost so other testers out there that know this better than us, we only posted the info becasuse we get a lot of emails and PM's so we thought we would post it all in one place.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Just use a stand serial cable. But you need to make sure that your serial port is open. If it is and you are running WinXp your PC will see it and you can set it up like an external drive.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
My post that speaks of Vorlor and such is referring to the P4/P5 question that was posted and not the serial port question.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
One other note, in some areas your cable compnay may filter out the tv signal but your cable is actually open to internet access. This is where you can use the modem to have internet access without basic cable.

It's that same as when you have internet service but no cable tv.

modem modder
Unregistered guest
what do i have to do to my modem to get free internet? fermwear flash a program to install and run?tell me you have my interest now :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
To answer the question how to mod your modem for free internet.

First every modem is different as is every cable provider. But let's start with the basics.
Your modem has a MAC address you first have to be able to change it. Again this depends on the modem. So you need to first learn what a MAC address really is then you need to learn the two main ways to change a MAC address and finally you need to change your modem MAC Address.

But first you need to figure out a MAC address of a modem that already has cable service. This means that it is registered with your cable company. **You can also learn the algorithm used to assign MAC address by the manufacture and try different ones until you hit one that is registered with the cable provider.

So at this point you have your modem modified to accept your MAC address (whether you did so by reading then writing back to the modem the new MAC address or by using a hardware mod using a programmable chip (kind of like the old ATMEL 2313 chips, but I just use that as a reference for flashing then using a hardware mod).

You then need to use an inline filter that allows for internet traffic to be throughput but that the modem is masked from detection by the cable provider. You could also use a software filter if you are good at programming.

Once this is done you can connect your modem and run your installation software. You will have to write your own, we did ours.

That's it, good luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Here are some existing cable modem mac address to get you started:

HFC MAC address identification Cable Modem model Identifying label Typical address range
Motorola Surfboard 3100 HFC MAC ID: 00:20:40:xx:xx:xx
Motorola Surfboard 4100 HFC MAC ID: 00:20:40:xx:xx:xx
00:04:BD:xx:xx:xx
00:08:0E:xx:xx:xx
3Com CMX EA= 00:50:DA:xx:xx:xx
00:50:04:xx:xx:xx
00:01:03:xx:xx:xx
00:10:4B:xx:xx:xx
3Com Tailfin EA= 00:50:DA:xx:xx:xx
00:01:03:xx:xx:xx
00:04:75:xx:xx:xx
Terayon TeraJet MAC Addr 00:E0:6F:xx:xx:xx
Pace digital STB 00:50:94:xx:xx:xx
ntl:home 100/120 (Ambit) under barcode 00:D0:59:xx.xx.xx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
One othjer thing the MAC address (MAC = Medium Access Control) that you want is the HFC (HFC = Hybrid Fibre-Coax) this is the one registered with the cable company.

Lock on the botton of your device.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
One other thing the MAC Address (Medium Access Control) that you want is the HFC (Hybrid Fibre-Coax) which is stamped on the bottom of your modem.

This is the one that is registered with the cable provider.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Also some of the modems take your pc MAC address and register with that. IE: your nic card so if you use ip spoofing sofware on any computer that is connected to the modem (even router) you can by pass the MAC assignment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Sorry not IP spoofing but MAC spoofing.

modem modder
Unregistered guest

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
FYI

We have received over 100 requests in the past couple of days for Modified Modems and software. This is more volume then we can handle. So what we are going to do is sell our system and source code to re-sellers or distributors who can handle the sales volume. Then you can order from them.

After that you can get them from one of the distributors. We are going to restrict the number of distributor to just 2 or 3. We are going to have terms on buying so someone that wants to be in business for themselves can do so and have a chance to pay the balance on their system after they start making money from it.

We will still give out free technology information and keep posting new "testing" procedures and such but we are going to stop sell the modems in a few days. We want to be more in the creating, teaching and testing side than the sales of products. We used to have a tech forum for everyone to trade ideas and we may open that back up.

Any one interested can contact us at extreme@toddssoft.com.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us