How to FLASH a Fortec Ultra to work with NAG2

go_ravens
Unregistered guest
Flash or re-flash you Fortect Ultra Life Time

1. on/off switch from the back of the box, switch to OFF.
2. connect the serial cable from your PC to the satellite box.
3. plug in the power cord of your satellite box.
4. turn the switch from the back ON.
5. after the channel appears at the front pannel, press the ON/OFF button(in the middle) from the front of your satellite box, this will turn it off, wait until you see the time displays.
6. launch your STB Updater Ver 3.31 software.
7. leave the serial port as COM1, and Baud Rate as 115200
8. select STB model as Lifetime Ultra
9. Enter your bin file location, ex. c:\temp\FTA_Ultra_090505_N2_279_api_(NTSC).BIN
note: make sure the path location of your file is correct or your file name is entered correctly. It will fail if it's incorrect.
10. File type radio button should be default at Flash Rom File
11. Click Download and you're good to go

if doesn't go, maybe wrong COM port, try COM2

once the update kicks in, you will see the number jumps in the front pannel of your satellite box. That's the percentage reading. This would take about 5-10 mins to completed.
Important...wait till it's completed, after it said 100% completed but wait till a dialog appears saying "update completed" then click OK. Then you're done. Turn off the box (the back switch).

Plug it back to you TV and you'll get all your channels back.

little ceasar
Unregistered guest
thank you thank you!!! go_ravens
1 question.....can i use the updater ver.v3.21?
and also the serial cable.....my computer does not have a port to connect it to, i thin there is a usb to convert it. what is the name of the cable?
thanks you again!!!!!!i need the names of the cables so i can go and buy it at radio shack...
thank once more, please help me!!!

little ceasar
Unregistered guest
thank you thank you!!! go_ravens
1 question.....can i use the updater ver.v3.21?
and also the serial cable.....my computer does not have a port to connect it to, i thin there is a usb to convert it. what is the name of the cable?
thanks you again!!!!!!i need the names of the cables so i can go and buy it at radio shack...
thank once more, please help me!!!

charliebuster
Unregistered guest
I've been reading that you need to set your Fortec Ultra back to the orignal factory settings before flashing with the Al7bar bin. How is this done? Do you have to flash it with another file first to restore to the original settings?

Thanks.

go_ravens
Unregistered guest
little ceasar...
I'm not sure if the updater ver.v3.21 works or not. To get version 3.31, go to ftacentral_dot_com, click on Fortec link, download it from there free.

Your other question about the usb port, i have never done it so i don't know.

the cable you need with a serial port is RS232.

that's all i can help you bud.

go_ravens
Unregistered guest
charliebuster...
you don't need to restore original factory setting before flashing a new bin. I never have to on mine, and i never have one fail yet.

eager beaver
Unregistered guest
same here.. I've never restored the original factory settings, and I've installed the bins probably a dozen times on 4 different pansats..

little ceasar
Unregistered guest
thank you go ravens!!!
thank you thank you!

Anonymous

June 2004 Lifetime Ultra
Followed instructions exactly - I put on the 280 bin
Up and running ever since (2 days)
Thanks for the help

Anonymous

Ok, I've tried the STB updater v3.31, AL7Bar downloading tool, and Blacklist STB Updater v1.3 and all fail uploading bin files. Each one will start but usually only make it to 2% and then fail. A couple of times it made it to 4% and once to 6% before failing. I've been trying to flash my Fortec Ultra with the 280 bin.

This same problem happened when I first flashed my Ultra about 8 months ago. However, it would usually fail at 40% or more complete and eventually managed to make it to 100%. I'm using a straight through cable on a machine running XP home.

Any ideas what the problem could be or a solution?

Thanks.

Username: Lenx

Post Number: 1
I have a life time ultra and the display has gone black after loading the latest bin file. Is there anyway to fix this or is my receiver done??

Thanks if you help

Deathray
Unregistered guest
They have simply changed the key... hence the black screen you're probably looking at.

Username: Vickas

Post Number: 1
Try everything but i can't loader the new bin into my pansat 2500. keep getting write faild ER1. Please HelpPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Anonymous

Hi. could someone tell me what i'am doing wrong i have tried putting in different bin and it still come up bad or scrambled channels thanks its a fortec lifetime ultra

Bronze Member
Username: Ping_me

Post Number: 17
little ceaser use the 1.4 loader it works better

MEMEME
Unregistered guest
I am trying the alt7bar and everytime I try to load the bin it says flash fail, it won't even go to 1%, please help. I have the fortec ultra

lostwithout-tv
Unregistered guest
I have never downloaded anything onto my reciever. Do I have to download anything first before I follow your instructions?

0-2 ravens
Unregistered guest
if you have the uploader software on your computer then you need to download the latest BIN file.

tecinfo
Unregistered guest
how can i get STB Updater Ver 3.31 software.
and the necessary bin files i also need instructions if there are any channels list to be loaded for 110 and 61.5
please help
i am new at this nad any help would be greatly appretiated (thnak you )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us