Mitsu 52525/Explorer 3250HD Signal Incompatibility

Username: Harcosk

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 1
For months, I have been trying to figure out why my Scientific-Atlanta Explorer 3250HD cable box will not seem to work with my Mitsubishi 52525 DLP.

When using the component video cables from the set top box, the HD picture shows up for 2 seconds and then disappears. Then the TV tries to figure out the display format (480i -> 720p -> etc). Finally, after a few seconds of blue screen, the picture and audio return... only to go out in another two seconds.

I have had the cable company (Cox-San Diego) out three times to check the box. We have tried at least 4 boxes and numerous sets of component cables. Not to mention the direct coax feed from the sidewalk. The cable box was shown to work with a ViewSonic plasma monitor.

My PS2's component cables work just fine, but that only puts out 480i.

The TV repair shop (all work done under warranty) says they can't find anything wrong. They have used a signal generator, DVD players, etc.

Is there a known incompatibility between the Mitsu 52525 and the Explorer 3250HD?

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 316
Have you tried connecting it to the DTV input instead of Component 1 or 2?

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your response.

I have tried that and the same symptoms persist, although the picture sticks around a bit longers... about 5 seconds.

There is also a message at the bottom of the TV screen stating that the input signal may be invalid.

I know the cable card is not the best option (not a two-way device), but I am thinking about trying that out just for the reception quality.

fx
Unregistered guest
My guess your problem is with the Mitsubishi Net Command. Are you using this feature? Others owners of this unit have encountered similar problems and incorrectly thought it was the fault of the cable box rather than their Display as well.

xvxvxvx

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 3
I am not well versed on the glories of NetCommand, but I did go through and setup the different devices and inputs so I can use the TV remote to change input from PS2 to ANT-1, for example. I do not use the TV remote to operate the other component of my system (cable box, PS2, reviever).

Is there a specific way to get rid of (or disable) the net command feature that I can try?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us