LRH-539 Boot problem

Username: Chaos1234

Post Number: 1
My LRH-539 which i've had for about 2 months now just started having this problem about 2 hours ago

it starts its boot up but then at HD checking it fails with a click sound from the harddrive. last night and even 2 hours befor it started it was working fine..

has anyone else had this problem? i also have the problem that there is a dvd in the device which it will not eject.

Anonymous

Yes. Mine started having this simptoms after only one month.
In addition to this it showed only lines on tv channels and on any video input for about 30 min.
If I wanted to record a show, I had to program it to start recording half an hour earlier so that eventually the image cleared up by the time the show started.
From there on the things only got worst.. Now the image never cleares up, and for the hard drive it takes one hour or more to eventually finish checking itself.
Also I am at the point that I can't even dub the shows from the hard disk to the dvds. So everything is lost.

I can't even imagine this unit to last for 5 years like my trusty VCR did!!!

What a waste of $700.....

Joseph

Username: Chaos1234

Post Number: 2
well in the end, i decided to take the unit apart and check the Harddrive.. so my shock the unit uses a Western Digital drive... which in all my exp with WD drives there pure garbage.. so i replaced the drive with a 250 gig seagate i got from my local PC store and now the unit boots up even faster then when i had gotten it.

also i noted that the unit does not seem to have any kind of drive size check as a temp solution till i got to the store i used a maxtor 80gig drive i had laying around which worked fine in the unit for rec & play back... so anyone with this unit should note that if there is a problem with the hard drive, they can simply replace it with any IDE drive they have laying around Ideal (7200rpm) one and it will/should work fine.. also you dont need to format it or zero it out.. just pop it in as is and it works like a charm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us