Fortec "Flash update fail"?.

Bronze Member
Username: Geeker

Post Number: 16
I tried everything possible for the "Flash Update fail, but no success. I have tested my cable with an ohm meter, and it's working fine, and yes it's a straight 1 to 1. I have used almost six diffent loaders "nope no go". I have opend the box and took the board out and checked the soldring of the DB9 connector on the board and they were fine. I have used a hex editor to change the baud rate of the loader to 9600, as I was told to lower it from 115200. By the way, how the hell all these loaders are fixed at 115200 bits/sec, You would think that they would give you choice, especially with all the problems everybody is having with loading bins to their REC. Now I am hearing that some receivers only work with old OS like windows 2000 or 98. It' funny, I have ordered two Forterc Ultras, one for me and one for a friend, His REC is fine, and I have installed autoroll on it before, wich I couldn't on mine. But it was easy for me to just find the keys and enter them and boom I have tv. But now it's the big day, I have to a new bin not a new key. So, now that someone maybe feeling sorry for me, Please Please help.
Is the OS version of a pc really matters?
it didn't on my friends fortec.
Would J-tagging help in this case? and no I don't how to J-tag a REC.
Would reseting my fortec to factory default help?
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.

sam999
Unregistered guest
did you try another bin, or boot file, or channel list...reseting to factory setting wont hurt anything (receiver set-up)do you see the loading line when you download before the error... did you check your pc connectors...

try to help
Unregistered guest
seems like no power going to rec, did you unzip the bin before loading?, cable male/female with female adaptor?

just ask
Unregistered guest
If you read and do all of this you will have less questions and less problems.
Only use a STRAIGHT THROUGH CABLE RS232C to hooked up your receiver to the computer. Take the cable off going to the LNB.
If you have the year model Dec 2004 or 2005 receiver then you may need to use a USB to Serial cable 26-183. Get detailed instructions here http://forums.al*bar.tk/showthread.php?t=92037
Download to your computer Blacklist STB UPDATER.ZIP It don't ask you as many questions.
You can get it here http://forums.al*bar.tk/showthread....0891#post300891
UNZIP both files. You can use WinZip or Winace.
You can get them here http://www.winzip.com/ http://www.winace.com/
Click on UPDATER.EXE to start it.
Set the COM PORT and put a dot in BIN.
Click on BROWES then put in Ultra_050905_279api(NTSC).bin
Turn receiver on from the back, when FIRST bar starts then click FIX on your computer.
After you get compleat on the computer the ON will display in the receiver, then it will displays a channel number if you have channels in your receiver. Your receiver is flashed.

little ceasar
Unregistered guest
geek_geek....i'm having the same problem, a guy tha said would fix my rec is having the exact problem, so please if you find the solution let me know, thank you in advance.
and good luck.

Username: Dish99

Post Number: 1
How do I Jtag Fortec Aug 04 receiver ?

user
Unregistered guest
http://www.thesatshack.com/fta-jtag.html

little ceasar
Unregistered guest
geek geek?.......
any news?...........
thank you thank you!!!!

Unregistered guest
geek geek i was having the same problem and i went to factory settings and reset them to factory then install this bin Al7bar FTA Ultra_05090_279_api(ntsc) and mines working great

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
thanks guys for your unswers. I will try the factory reset today and report back, since Ihave tried everything else.
"just ask" thanks man for the links, I will check them out and report.
Little ceasar check with this tread either tonight or tomorrow. I will have an unswer for you, either good or bad.

thanks everyone for the prompt responses.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
jeffwest thanks for the head-up. I was going to do a reset yesterday, but I was worried to mess it up. Now you confirmed that nothing will happen to the receiver with a factory reset, so I am going to do it.

Thanks again.

Anonymous

I loaded the file but keep gettin " bad or scrambled" channel. Any thoughts on what is wrong??

little ceasar
Unregistered guest
geek geek......i will be here.....thank you thank you!!!!!

little ceasar
Unregistered guest
geek geek......i will be here.....thank you thank you!!!!!

Username: Dish99

Post Number: 2
My fortec Aug 04 is fried after loading FTA Ultra_050905_279_api(NTSC).bin file. The light are no even turning on. Any tips will be appreciated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
little ceasar sorry for the bad report, but I am still having the problem. I have no idea what else I can do. If any one have any idea please post.

Thanks.

Username: Fsh

Post Number: 4
Hi geek geek,
check if your serial port is enabled on your computer.

Anonymous

l keep getting bad or scrambled channel worked in the shop but brung it home and doesn't work can't get signal inside have outside signal but know inside signal can anyone help.thank you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
fed thanks, but in the serial port properties it says enabled and working properly, and no conflict.

thanks again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
anyone have anymore ideas please

thanks

mmz
Unregistered guest
I have problem with fortec ultra. I flushed with ....279.bin and after that all lights are gone.Need help pls
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us