Thanks, LK

IsThisNotAValidQuestion?
Unregistered guest

RANTone
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 10:08 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a subscription to DN, and my box seems to be working. Does anyone know why N2 seems to only be effecting FTA boxes? I have an original echostar box, another one modified by someone that works for DN, and an FTA box. The guy told me that he should have a card soon, but I don't know what to believe. All I know is that my FTA is pretty much useless. I don't think it should be too difficult to make a new card that may decipher the codes, since the same boxes are still being used. Any comments would be helpful.

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 11:04 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i think fta is cardless so maybe that why they get hit?! sorry cant offer anymore.

k_bron
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 03:03 am:

there are several sites claiming that N2 has been cracked. I've also seen that the bin for the pansat 2500 is a fake that will destroy the receivers. Anyone knows about that problem? I have downloaded 2 files but I'm afraid to load them because of this. Can anyone help me? Can I share the files here for someone to check them out?
Thanks for any help anyone can give me

chicago
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 08:01 am:

Read my posts at "FTA ia Back" thread here..

RANTone
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 06:40 pm:

No one is understanding. My question is about the modified standard DishNetwork receiver. It came with a card inside of it, and I was pre-warned that it would only work until September. The guy, who works for DN, told me that he'll give me a fix soon. I just don't see why unmodified receivers remain undisturbed throughout the N2 swap, yet the modified one is not working.

RANTone
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 11:53 pm:

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 10:08 pm:
I have a subscription to DN, and my box seems to be working. Does anyone know why N2 seems to only be effecting FTA boxes? I have an original echostar box, another one modified [to get every single channel] by someone that works for DN, and an FTA box. The guy told me that he should have a card soon, but I don't know what to believe. All I know is that my FTA is pretty much useless. I don't think it should be too difficult to make a new card that may decipher the codes, since the same boxes are still being used. Any comments would be helpful.

*No one is understanding. My question is about the modified standard DishNetwork receiver. It came with a card inside of it, and I was pre-warned that it would only work until September. The guy, who works for DN, told me that he'll give me a fix soon. I just don't see why unmodified receivers remain undisturbed throughout the N2 swap, yet the modified one is not working.*

chicago
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 - 08:42 am:

your question is unclear..modified....unmodified...need to be specific..

a subscribed DN box is NOT modified,so start there..and READ about Nagra2 encryption..

RANTone
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 02:48 am:

dude, there are three boxes that i own. does anyone here follow logic? i have a modified echostar box [that used to get every single channel]....my question is referring to that one.

Answerman99
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 09:13 am:

You only need to understand that the modified one doen NOT have the correct information to decode the N2 data stream. The unmodified receiver has the correct information on the new card sent to you to decode the data stream. Any more questions...

mikey
Username: Elcreative

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 10:32 am:

Is there any way to modify the 301 receiver so it can accept any "Yellow Card"? or at least the valid "Yellow Card" i have?

RANTone
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 12:51 pm:

the unmodified box does not have any card. I have the basic DN subscription. that is why i'm asking the question. i appreciate all the help, but this question was directed towards LK [who seems to be missing in action]. any other thoughts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us