Pansat 2500A - Original or fake????

Pansat2500_user
Unregistered guest
I've been reading different versions of a true pansat 2500a, both in the forums and at the pansat site. After reviewing the instructions at the pansat site, I am not sure if my box is an original or fake. Some features described in the pansat site, like the plastic sheet protector on the top, the color, the curve in the front panel, all exist in my box. However things like serial number at the bottom or embedded on the the metal at the back panel are not there. Mine has a sticker and the serial number is a 6 digit number. I read on dss-central.net that some original boxes did not have the fcc info with the serial number on the metal but were on stickers.

Totally confused.. help??? whats true??? should I try the bin???

Thanks

Anonymous

I have the same.I will be trying it out tonite.Hope it works!!!

Pansat2500_user
Unregistered guest
good luck.. hope it works.. pls let me know the results. i would try it to.. but am having some problems downloading it using XP.

Pansat2500_user
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me where I can get the Blacklist updater 1.3 and Channel Master software???

Unregistered guest
I have a Pansat 3000. Just found out it is a clone.Anyone try any succesful patch on it? if so, which one? can you post the link?

Thanks

MUZ

desperate_with_pansat
Unregistered guest
this is so friggin frustrating.. i cannot download the bin file using my computer which has xp.what am i doing wrong. i checked the com ports with a utility from download.com. i can open the port but it just wont work while trying to download the bin. desperately need help??????

desperate_with_pansat
Unregistered guest
who has the Blacklist Updater 1.3?????pls tell me where I cn get????

TBoner
Unregistered guest
desperate, I have the same unit and it works well. You have a true Pansat... watching TV as I type...
Also, it sounds like you are using the wrong cable

Anonymous

do a search on google you can find blacklist updater.

sam999
Unregistered guest
http://www.fortecstar.com/downloads/....

desperate_with_pansat
Unregistered guest
Tboner...some comfort in knowking you got the same receiver and it works. The cable issue... I have bought both cables and tried. one with female connection on both ends and one with male/female connected to a adapter.

Sam999 r u promoting the fortec site.. couldn't find what I'm looking for

Anonymous... tried goodle long time ago.. no luck.. if you find a link post it

Anonymous

link to blacklist updater 1.3 http://www.dssmex.com/foros/showthread.php?t=194

desperate_with_pansat
Unregistered guest
thanks anonymous

sam999
Unregistered guest
desperate...no promotion; Downloads

Uploader - v.3.31 same as updater

Anonymous

Did someone just phart of the that sam999 say something??

desperate_with_pansat
Unregistered guest
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!
I am just about to kick this damn Pansat and PC to kingdom come. I've been trying everything from different serial cables (female/female, and female/male with adapter) Uploader 3.31 from pansat, Blacklist updater, and god knows what. anyone using XP have this problem.???? Next step.. install windows 98, me or 2000 maybe tomorrow. meanwhile stressing out

sam999
Unregistered guest
running xp, no problem loading bins, whats ur prob, try rebooting the pc...

desperate_with_pansat
Unregistered guest
booted the dame thing several times checked the bios changed the port settings from auto to com1 and com2....nuthin.. thanks though fr all the help..gotta check this on another pc..maybe at work..must be something with this dell machine

bungee_won
Unregistered guest
sorry dude, it's not the PC!

pansmut
Unregistered guest
desperate_with_pansat
did you try changing com1 to com2? in BL uploader menu? It's defaulted to com1

sam999
Unregistered guest
desperate, ur doing something wrong, it should work...ur saying (open the port but it just wont work while trying to download the bin)there s nothing to open just hit download....?????

desperate_with_pansat
Unregistered guest
bungee... tks for the humour.. sure needed it
pansmut...tried yr suggestion long ago.

still... wont give up.. will continue to troubleshoot this problem

desperate_with_pansat
Unregistered guest
sam
what i meant was it fails when i click download. I get an error msg "flash update failed" or something. i tried bothe the bins from blacklist and pansite site. it just seems dead.. looking for an external modem in my junk to see if it will work with the com port or maybe conect my laser printer to the com port and see if it works,

sam999
Unregistered guest
maybe this will work, go to device manager...delete all ports and reboot..it will renew the adresses....???

desperate_with_pansat
Unregistered guest
so i dont have a modem, but i find a cable (9 pin to 25 pin) should work for the lasrejet printer right??? or tell me I'm wrong. anyway. add and setup the printer, use com 2, print test page. the job disappaears into eternity. apparently printed, but not on the printer. same result with com1, tried com3, error msg... job failed to print. so my question is. the print job does go thru on com port 1 & 2, even though not printing to the printer. because if it is not passing thru, i should get an error message like com 3 or 4 which is not in use. am I making any sense at all.. i know its not printing out... anyway gotta get to bed.. early day tomorrow.. will take the box to work and try out. let u know of progress tomorrow.

tks for all yr help and suggestions guys..

desperate_with_pansat
Unregistered guest
sam ... tried on last time yr advice. no success. gotta go.tomorrow's another day.. hopefully with free tv.. tks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us