Trouble w/Directv Installation

Unregistered guest
(First let me say this...I'm new to satellite dishes...please help) I bought a Directv dish and receiver yesterday and went through all the instructions to install them. Mounting and running cable was no problem. My problems arise when I am fine tuning the dish...it has three satellites (A, B, and C) to align it with. I can get satellites B and C with great reception, usually both around 95, but satellite A will still be zero. It is a Phase III triple LNB satellite dish if that helps anyone.

Any ideas?

Username: Diverse23

Post Number: 1
Ohuett, the most common problem is making sure that your arm bracket is plum/level, a slight miscalculation with this can throw you off. you have to check that your elevation as well as tilt is exact. hope this helps you out.

ohuett
Unregistered guest
diversified...thanks for the reply. I've checked and double-checked to make sure that my arm bracket is plumb. I'm right on the money with the B & C satellites but the A satellite doesn't pick up any signal. Do you think that it could be an obstruction that is only obstructing the A satellite?

Post Number: 3
Are you getting any programming on those two satellites? If not you might be pointed to the wrong sat's. You are having problem with 110 sat, right?

Post Number: 4
Are you shooting over obstructions? 110 is lower to the horizon than 101 and 119. You might have to remount at a higher elevation to shoot over the obstructions.

ohuett
Unregistered guest
I can't get any programming on the satellite b/c the next "step" that I go to on the dish setup returns with an error that says, "Satellite(s) not found." I guess that I have to find all three satellites for it to go through the setup correctly? And to answer your question, yes...it is the 110 sat that I'm having problems with.

I do have a tree to the left of my satellite...is the 110 sat to the left of 101 and 119 also?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us