Cable confused

Username: Katied

Post Number: 1
I am having trouble conecting my DVD recorder. I just purchased the Sony RDRGX315 recorder. My current setup is a bit tricky. The problem is that I can't seem to get the cable to run through the dvd player so i can change channels while the player is on. therefore I can not record any shows. I can play movie on the dvd player so i know something is right. Our television is older so it only has the coxail cable in the back. We have what i believe is called a modulator connected to the cable. So I have the cable from the wall going to the modulator. From there it goes to the dvd player, and then from the dvd player to the back of the television. I am not sure what the problem is. Also is there a way to loop the VCR in on this? Thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1573
Connect the cable from the wall to the recorder, if you want to use a VCR too, don't know why you would with a DVD recorder, split the cable to both. Then if using a VCR, connect it's output to the modulator, if not connect the DVD output to the modulator.

Username: Katied

Post Number: 2
Thanks David, I will give it a shot this week and let you know how it goes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us