Killer Bins -- Please Read

Anonymous

If you own a clone box, please be aware that you should most likely not use any bin that is not specifically released for your clone.

This also holds true of the Fortec/Pansat units which can be flashed with either makers bin.

It would seem that the new bin files being released almost all have clone killers written into them. That means if you take a Fortec bin and try to apply it to your Pansat or vice versa, you will end up with a dead receiver.

Likewise if you take a Pansat bin and apply it to a Pantec, it will likely destroy your box.

I guess the makers of name brand receivers are fighting back against the clone makers by writing in code that will kill a unit which isn't a name brand. On the surface I have nothing against that move, except I do believe that it is the coder's responsibility to disclose that the bins should not be used on clone machines and that the use of the bin on a clone machine will result in a dead box. This warning is not being issued and I think that is really, really shitty of the coders.

So please, DO NOT test a bin that is not specifically written for you box unless you don't care that it may ruin your machine. Some reports say you can jtag the box, some say that other bins are completely frying the machine. If you cannot afford to lose your receiver, please do not test a bin that was not specifically written for your reciever.

ftaw0rLd-2k5
Unregistered guest
hi thank you for the post..
can you please tell me how to jtag the box?
wht do i need ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us