Toshiba dlp lamp burn out

Bronze Member
Username: Doclaw64

Post Number: 15
I had a 52HM84 for about a year and the lamp blew out. Has this happened to alot ofother people or did I just get the lucky set? BTW they are sending me a new lamp but have not gotten it yet and it is over a week.

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 333
Welcome to RP DLP Television. Where Old technology becomes new technology.

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 186
It depends on how much the set is on, if you are using "low lamp" mode and how often the TV is switched on and off. For some people, a year maybe a long time and for others it may not.

Ron K
Unregistered guest
The lamp on my TV failed last week. We've had it for ten months. I've requested a new lamp, but the only answer they would give on timing was about a week, if it's in stock. The set is marketed based on a lamp life of 8,000 hours; one year certainly does not meet the expectation that they have set.

Silver Member

Post Number: 628
YEP this is a common issue with those rubbish TVs.

I hope those who are just decciding to buy a lamp based TV are reding these threads. DOWN FOR A WEEK? for a lamp.......Yeah thats worth it. lol

Need advice
Unregistered guest
How many of these sets have you had?

Do you own one?

How many times has it been in for service?

Silver Member

Post Number: 705
OH I was and am smart enoughto have read the threads BEFORE buying the lamp based crap. I watched my brother put his hand in a small fire once. I have never done that but i KNOW its not comfortable.

Much of what is learned is from others mistakes. Try it sometime. You will have a bigger bank account.

Username: Stevea

Post Number: 9
Too bad one moronic, immature, mis-or mal-adjusted, ill-or mis-informed, incompetent fool of an idiot has ruined this forum for all. Once, I enjoyed this forum for the opportunity to learn all sorts of good stuff. Not any more. It's been taken over by a Dark Spirit. Somebody make him go away.

Silver Member

Post Number: 724

Not many are learning anything here. Most are screamimng for help. You want to learn try the flat panel forums. Those guys are spending more time discussing the merits of their TVs not the downfalls.

YEah too bad someone is telling the truth about this technology.
Yes it is too bad. But I have saved some people some coin and aggravation and the time I spend here is worth it. Consider it charity,

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 77
Steve, I could not agree more! I can't stand to come here any more because of one guy. Until he took over the board, I read most everything and was learning quite a bit, but now it's just the same old crap over and over and over. How can we find another board and not tell him where we went?

Silver Member

Post Number: 727
Poor Jim. Thats pretty self centered paraniod though to think I am going to follow you to snother forum LOL

BTW I an a member of AVS and hDforum as well.......stay away lOL

Need advice
Unregistered guest
Bong,

You are a jerk. A self centered one at that.

Steve and JIM, in this thread are instructions on how to contact the Admins to get Bong banned.

Note that in the second link Bong says he doesn't have a static isp, that he's not going away. I read several threads in which OWNERS of sets having PROBLEMS trying to get info have asked him several times to refrain from cluttering up threads and he refuses to do so.

Bong needs to abide by his own words" Those guys are spending more time discussing the merits of their TVs not the downfalls."

Silver Member

Post Number: 728
Register azz so we can see all your helpful posts

Im am not going to get banned seal with it people other then yself stated with the name callin but as I have said before....Bring your ban......but Its not gonna happen. You will not silence me. I have many ways to keep returning/

Deal with my opinions or fina another sandbox.

Dear gentlemen my azz.......

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 266
doclaw64 and Ron K,

While Toshi will replace a lamp in the warranty period, it's a good idea to keep a spare handy so you're not down while waiting.

You chose a consumable lamp projector technology. You will be replacing lamps from time to time, albeit not as often as front projector owners. Some last much longer than others.

Here's a good article on lamps.

http://www.cherrywood-av.co.uk/guides/Lamps.pdf

Silver Member

Post Number: 733
FYI not DLP4ME today?

Why? FYI must be your more serious voice.
You will be repacing lamps at around 2100 hours. Thats ALL they are warreted for brand new!!!!!!

Say it like it is Mr Texaas Instumnent SHILL.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 274
I agree with Kdog044.

There are many variables with lamp life.
Manufacturing, transportation, cycles, operating temperature, proper cooling, etc.

Running a small UPS for proper cool down during a power outage is a must.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I am sorry if this offends anyone execpt...

bong, if you don't have anything constuctive to say why say anything at all. Do you need to feel better by putting people down? Yeah great you don't think dlp is a good set, who the fxxx cares. I sure don't and since I already have one the last thing I want to hear is you putting it down and telling me I made a bad decision. I personally love the set. I was just asking a question to people who might have any answer. I did not ask for why I should not have gotten one. You are just further proving that you are a lonely person that feels he must prove his intelligence to people he has no association with. If you don't like the set why are you even on this part of the board?

Thanks for telling me you don't like the set. I can sleep much better now that I know you don't like the set.

Sorry for the post but this thread just pissed me off.

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 79
He pisses a lot of peopel off. I have just started skipping his posts. I do not read anything he writes, period. I wish they had the capability to just block him my personal profile. Some boards have that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
back to the thread topic, I did speak to toshiba and they said weeks till the get thier latest shippment of bulbs. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I got it the next day. What I think that really means is that it was already on the way and the cust. service did not really know what was going on. The bulb was not sent next day delivery. When I did get it it was very simple to install. It was harder to move all of the components ;-D

I do hear a clicking noise when the set is on. Does anyone have this happen as well? It happens sporadically but enough to be noticable. Does anyone think this might be related?

TIA

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 335
The clicking is usually the set back reacting to temperature changes. Adjusting the screws can sometimes shut it up. Otherwise, remove the back and apply some silicon grease to the seam.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Hi FYI, what screws are you talking about? The ones that hold the lamp in place? Also what seam are you talking about? sorry but I am sort of a newbie

TIA

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 357
The back cover of the set is what I'm talking about.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us