Coping VHS (Copyrighted) to DVD

Username: Frystang1

Post Number: 1
I just bought a Panasonic DVD recorder (DMR-ES30V) and am trying to transfer my VHS tapes to DVD. The problem that I am running into is that some of my more recent VHS movies are copyrighted and the DVD recorder refuses to transfer the material.....please help!!!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1566
This has been done to death, digital video stabilizer.

Post Number: 2
Can you make a suggestion on which to digital video stabilizer to buy and perhaps explain how they work? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1572
If you want a cheap one, MCM Electronics, $20 + shipping. If you want a good one, Sima, Best Buy, Circuit City and many other places. Goes between the player and recorder.

Username: Ttyler

CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA UNITED STATES

Post Number: 1
I HAVE A SIMA CT-1 DIGITAL VIDEO DUPLICATOR THAT I HAVE HOOKED UP BETWEEN MY VCR AND DVD RECORDER.
AT VARIOUS TIMES DURING THE RECORDING PROCESS LET'S SAY ANYWHERE FROM 5 MINUTES TO 20 MINUTES
INTO THE RECORDING PROCESS, IT WILL STOP RECORDING AND SAY CANNOT RECORD-COPYWRITED MATERIAL. THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. HOME RECORDED VHS TAPES AND RENTED. ANY IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? I USE AM MAGNAVOX VCR AND AN IO DVD RECORDER.

Post Number: 3
My vcr and dvd recorder are housed in the same unit. How do i hook up a digital video duplicator/stabliizer to it. Or is there some other way/product to use....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1601
Use a seperate VCR, unless you can use the VCR out to the DVD in. I've never used a combo, so I don't know if you can do that or not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us