Digital TV Convertor Cloning

Username: 3dmatrix

Post Number: 1
We receive a lot of emails regarding hacking digital TV converters. There is no hack for digital converters, filters do not work.

You can clone an existing receiver that has service to one that you purchased from eBay etc. In simple terms you will have two converters with the same serial (like a MAC Address).

We have a system that allows you to clone a receiver. If the original decoder has let's say a platinum package then the clone would have it also. As long as the original decoder is subscribed the clone will be.

Our system is for educational and hobby purpose and you may order anonymously.

Cloning works with converters that have serial ports. Software is windows compatible and comes with a test platinum file.

Find us at www.toddsoft.com/extreme/extremeshop. You may email us and we are happy to answer all your questions, www.toddsoft.com/tcg,

All Programs, Scripts & Hardware are sold by individual distributor TODDSoft offers a free online store to sell their products, TODDSoft assume no responsibility for product sales or use

extreme_whack
Unregistered guest
Wow, one system clones most all ditigal boxes, no matter who manufactured it. That's just great, Todd. It must be true cause you say so on your website, and at $199, it's a steal.

Post Number: 2
It does not work on all receivers the technology has been out for awhile we only wrote our own system. Read the store TODDSoft allows us to sell our products.

If you want to clone your own here is how to do it, our software makes the cloning automated and we include a plat script.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION TO DO IT YOURSELF

For example we will use a General Instruments DCT 2244. The serial port must be opened (this is done by your cable company). To check and see if your box's serial port is open use a simple free program called PonyProg2000. If your return is FFFFF or 00000 more than likely it is not. If you want to find out read from the serial and change line one from FF to 06 and write this to the box. Then re-read it. If the 06 appears then your port is open. The easy way to determine if your serial port is open is that win-xp will detect when you cable to the box from your PC.

Once you are connected you can setup the box as an external drive. You can also connect to it using hyper terminal. You need a sub box to clone so attach to it and open the files and copy the Model/Serial/Unit Number as it appears.

Then connect to the box you want to clone. Open each file and look for the line that starts with the model number.

Model/Serial/Unit Number: For our example 2244/5862/xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now edit it to match your subscribed converter.

That's it. Do it yourself or use our software for ease of use. It will find, connect and copy the files you need.. We also include a Plat Sub for testing.

Question about Rogers
Unregistered guest
Does this work with Rogers Digital Cable in Toronto Canada?

Post Number: 3
Good question, what converter do they use? Does it have a serial port?

Post Number: 4
I ask a couple of members in our group and one of the said that it does work with the converters that they use. Sorry I didn't know before but we don't know everything that's whay we share information and test. He said our system does work with it.

Willy Wonka
Unregistered guest
I too have a question about Rogers. Will I be able to clone a Motorola DTVDCT2500? If that model can not be cloned then please suggest another one that can be.

Post Number: 5
Yes but make sure that it has the RS-232 serial port otherwise it cannot be used. I looked at one that did not have it so make sure yours does.

Most of the boxes we see are the GI DCT 2244. We have a bunch of them here that we have already cloned.

manisoft
Unregistered guest
any chance there will be an actuall hack for digital cable in the future?

Post Number: 6
I wish I could say there is one right now but there is not. You know digital cable is lkie the satellite cards. In satellite it started with f then u then hu now P4-P5 cards. The P-4 and P-5 can only be cloned where the f h and hu could be programmed by voltgate glitching using a programmer or unlooper.

Digital cable is at about the same stage, you can go to your firends house who subscribes and clone their digital cable box and as long as they have service you do to.

But an actual hack, I can go into the technical side of it but there is not enough time or room to do it. I will say that there is a couple of work arounds in regards to this, not actual hacks but work arounds that are being developed that will benefit all the testers.

When we see one and try it out we will post it here on how to do it. we will build our own version of it (we are working on one right now) but we will post how to do it here.

To answer your question, will there be a hack soon, no I don't think so, where there be other ways to developed yes I can say 100% and very soon.

Hope this helps.

Post Number: 7
Just to make it clear we can only speak on what we are doing or what we ahve actually seen ourselves. It does not mean that someone else has not developed a hack or something else.

Just for informtion we are working on the CableCard Primer that replaces the cable box. New tv and such have slots for them and we are working on them now. That is what I was speaking of.

Cable Hack
Unregistered guest
wouldint the Cable company know since its 2way communication between the box and service

Post Number: 8
Yes, Yes, and Yes. But this is where those little filters come in. I am not talking about the BS filters that peole sell saying the open all the channels (total BS). I am speaking of a simple filter that is one way. It allows the signal in but not out. The key is to make sure that the filter you select does not show a signature of it's own, an example would be a filter that causes interference on the line. This would send a red flag to the company.

I hope this helps. You will have to excuse my typing I am dyslexic and sometimes I reverse letters.

Post Number: 9
Received an email but I will answer the question here. The question was can a cloned converters work with the cable modem that gets you internet service without having an account.

One does not ahve anything to do with the other. The cloned converter is just a copy of an existing one with a paid subscription for the original.

The cable modem system (I can only speak of the one we carry) is a mod modem that allows you to have internet services without a paid account. All you need is basic cable service.

The only thing that might conflict is that the modem has unlimited bandwidth which could in turn take away from the converter but I have never seen this happen, ever.

Basically one gets you another convertor and ones gets you internet service without any cost.

Hope that answers the quesiton.

Username: Nycfam

Post Number: 1
How does your High Speed Internet : Cable Modem Internet System work? Does the software allow the cable modem not to detect my presence, if so will it work with my current cable provider cablevision. Please not network tech savy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
To answer your questions: Your modem will not be detected, you can also mask your presence or the presence of computer on yor system. If you use a router you will need to do that also if you want to be hidden. But there is no real reason to do so.

Yes cablevision is different, like in NJ they don't like you to have more than one ip address (one computer) for each service. But just use a router and mask it.

Yes it does work with cablevision.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
One other question we are getting is about setting up more than one modem. Yes, that is up to you, once you have one of our systems and can set it up on one modem or more, that is up to you. They only thing is if you set it up for friends we will only support your one paid system you need to support theirs.

Another question is can we resell setting up modems, that's your business not ours. We sell for "testing & hobby" purpose.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
FYI

We have received over 100 requests in the past couple of days for Modified Modems and software. This is more volume then we can handle. So what we are going to do is sell our system and source code to re-sellers or distributors who can handle the sales volume. Then you can order from them.

After that you can get them from one of the distributors. We are going to restrict the number of distributor to just 2 or 3. We are going to have terms on buying so someone that wants to be in business for themselves can do so and have a chance to pay the balance on their system after they start making money from it.

We will still give out free technology information and keep posting new "testing" procedures and such but we are going to stop sell the modems in a few days. We want to be more in the creating, teaching and testing side than the sales of products. We used to have a tech forum for everyone to trade ideas and we may open that back up.

Any one interested can contact us at extreme@toddssoft.com.

Cable Hacker
Unregistered guest
its already possible to get free internet by using a wireless network card/adapter if someone in your range has a wireless router on thats open or a hotspot, I am using a wireless network card right now to get internet but the signal strength aint that great its at very low but I can get dl speeds up to 5MBs and uploads to 1MBs at times, so why pay $200 for your product when u can pay $70 for a good wireless Network card? I have to say the Cable Box Cloning is very interesting.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
I agree anyone that has lets say a laptop can connect to any oepn wireless access point and access the internet. That way there is no cost at all. Just go through your neighbors internet connection or any oher as long as it is open and not firwalled or lock by the person using WEP or one of the other 802.11 a-b-g encryptions.

Remember that you do not have to join their network to use their internet connection. Tht's why war driving is so popular, driving around using free sofwar such as netferret, stumbler etc and find open internet connects. A lot of times you can not only connect to the internet but a lot of networks (business) don't block you from joining thier networks because they keep the network group as MSHOME or WORKGROUP. You can even use netferret to find their workgroup or domain and entry their network that way.

creegs
Unregistered guest
I have two questions. If its possible to clone a cable box, would it be possible to change the address of a PC cable card (like the ATI HDTV wonder) to match my cable box, and therefore get digital cable on my computer without the need for an IR blaster? And second question,if i changed the address of my cable box to the same address as a friend's cable box and was able to get everything working properly, if I were then to buy a paperview movie using that cable box it would show up on my friends monthly bill, right? Not that i would do it or anything but it would be kinda funny!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
I am not that familiar with the ATI Wonder but I would guess it is a PCI card. Let's look at the difference in the converter and the PCI card then attack it from there. The converter actually shows up as an external dive when attached to your pc. You can read the files of the converter and change them.

A PCI card has its information programmed onto a chip (flashed in a sense) or hard coded. This would be the same as a nic card. So unlike the converter you cannot access any files because there are not any. But you could spoof the MAC and ip address as you would with any standard nic card. This would do the same thing.

Please understand I have not looked into a Wonder card much, but I think our group will just to see what its specs are.

Your second question referred to pay-per-views, yes your friend would get charged.

***Just for thought, have you seen the display converters in some of the big retail chains? They get all the channels and sports etc. Have you looked on the bottom of them..........just a thought.

creegs
Unregistered guest
I never thought of that before! I'm deffinetly going to give that a try! I have another question, can i use a cable box with a USB port instead of a serial port? Also, how do the cable providers disable the firewire and USB ports on their rental cable boxes? Do they physically cut the connections or is done by some type of software? Is there any way to enable the ports?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
That is a tough question becasue each box is different. Not all boes that have serial ports can be cloned either. You would have to test the port (usb or serial) to see if it is active.

The cable company is the one who turns on or off the ports (serial-usb-firewire). I have never seen one that is "cut" but that does not mean that they don't do that. To turn them on is based upon the cable provider and model of box.

We ahve never turned on a usb port but that does not mean it cannot happen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us