Problem recording-"disk is dirty" message

Username: Angrywhite

Post Number: 2
Does anyone else have this problem? I have a Sony RDR-GX7 recorder. In the middle of recording a program, it will stop recording and give me this error message: Disk is dirty. Not sure if its the recorder or the disks. Some disks work fine but I have had this problem on about 3 or 4 disks already.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1555
There are a lot of garbage discs out there. Even some name brand discs are garbage. Use good quality discs, Taiyo Yuden, Prodisc, Maxell, Fuji, Verbatim, there are others too.

Post Number: 3
OK. I had 1 bad dvd out of my maxell batch. I switched to Memmorex and had worse luck with those. So this is a common problem?

Post Number: 4
Also, does it have anything to do with the recorder itself? Would a cleaner work on the recorder and would it make any differance?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1558
A cleaner might work. The recorder is probably just media picky. Memorex doesn't make their own discs, sometimes they are good, sometimes not. What counts on media is the code. If you have a burner you can get the media code, which is like a manufacterer/model number for media. It may be a defective recorder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us