Question: Difference between PAL and NTSC?

DigitalNoob
Unregistered guest
I've noticed a lot of people saying, well this file is PAL and they are waiting for NTSC. So could someone tell me what the difference between the two is. I have a lifetime ultra and I am not sure which one of these formats I need and why. It sounds to me like they both do the same trick. I'd really like to know more about this, thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Justme123

Post Number: 57
DN;

PAL is what they use "across the big pond", it differs in frequency from NTSC (what we use here}. If you pop in a PAL programmed file, when you boot the system you will see a rolling screen until you use the "Blind Man's Method" to switch your reciever back to NTSC.

What's that? It's different on eack reciever, like with an old syte FORTEC it was something like: Menu, right scroll, right scroll, down, down, down, right scroll, enter.

Get the drift?

Hope this answers it for ya.

Just Me

LK
Unregistered guest
Basically Pal is used in Europe and NTSC in North America...remember Nagra2 is used used in both places but there is a slight difference between The European N2 and the North American N2..

Big Stinky Balls
Unregistered guest
NTSC stands for the National Television Standards Committee. It is a video signal standard used by the United States and Japan.
PAL stands for the Phase Alternating Line. This is the common standard used in Europe.

DigitalNoob
Unregistered guest
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

DON'T BUY PANSAT
Unregistered guest

We will say this, we do not trust any of those factories, Fortec and Pansat, all run and owned by the same peoples, sharing and controlling the market.

Today is the fix for the Ultra, no, maybe in three weeks, yes ?

We visited Al7bar-soft1.com, checked if there was any new updates, no. We looked into the Technical Discsussion Forum. Keep in mind this is Fortec, only.

There was BlackList, making a statement that there will be no release for the Ultra until the clone issue was fixed, 2 to 3 weeks.
So, BL represents both, Fortec and Pansat, no fixes until the Pansat2700a generates more sales.
This well may be a hoax, but it did cause me to reflect on how all of us are controlled and manipulated by the factories, one of the same.

We recommend no further support of Fortec and Pansat and C00lsat.
We recommend a pci card, all the software is free without kissing azz, however not for everyone.
We recommend, a Dreambox, but not for everyone.

We have reservations in regards to the ViewSat, but possibly the best substitute

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us