Brightness/Contrast on kv-32fs120, how high should it be?

Bronze Member
Username: Tmansdc

Post Number: 14
I want to know because the tv seems somewhat dimmer and a teensy bit less sharp then my old sharp 27" curved tube tv.

so what can i do?

its just that video games seem a lot darker/duller then they used to on my 27" curved screen. I was thinking of calling the tv back and getting a 27" model of the same one to replace it but its too late now.

I hear it takes 200 hours of use before the full brightness/contrast of the tv is revealed. Is that true with CRT's?

I turned both up 80% of the way (well, 50 notches of 63, i read on here somewhere that was the highest you could crank them up to on sony's before problems started happening.) and it still looks duller then my 27". I guess the bigger the tv the duller the picture and the dimmer it is.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1496
A 32" TV isn't going to look as good as a 27", period. Unless maybe you are comparing a high end 32" to a bottom of the line 27". The picture isn't going to be as bright, and it isn't going to be as sharp either. Look at a 20" and compare it to a 27", the 20" is going to look better. The bigger you go, the worse the TV looks, a fact of life.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
how did people use to deal with old projection tv's then i wonder?

And i think my admiral was only middle-end at most. it was made in 2000 and it had a really curved screen and only two composite inputs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Plus my parents have a 37" curved toshiba screen that at halfway contrast/brightness looks brighter then my kv-32fs120 (which is 32" so it should be brighter) does at 3/4 of the way.

I guess I'll eventually get used to it. Maybe I should buy Circuit City's replacement warranty because in two or so years i was planning on taking it back and getting a 27" in its place for older games and sdtv cable and a 30 or 34 inch widescreen hdtv crt tv for newer games and hdtv cable/etc.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1497
Have you ever seen an old projection TV? They were pretty pathetic picture wise. The resolution of the input source is the same no matter what the screen size, so spreading that resolution over a larger area is going to mean a poorer quality picture. 2000 isn't that old. I use a 1993 Panasonic Superflat 27" in the bedroom, it looks great. It cost $700 back then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us