Connecting a digital cable receiver to a projector .....

Username: Hagur

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have got an Acer PD721 DLP projector and a Handan digital cable receiver (http://www.handan.co.kr/pdf/CV_3500_MP.pdf).

Currently I've got a SCART to RCA (composite) connection running to my projector, and I find the video quality disappointing. I want to improve the video quality and I believe my best bet is to use a SCART to S-video cable, since my projector only has VGA, S-video and RCA (composite) inputs. I might be able to use a SCART to Component (RGB) connector, since my projector came with a little adapter which converts RGB to VGA.

I'm a little skeptical about going the SCART-S-video route, because I tried that with my VCR (VCR to Projector) and I always got a black / white image. I believe that was because my VCR didn't do RGB SCART. I'm hoping that my cable receiver supports RGB through SCART, therefore giving me color.

So basically, here are my questions ...

1. If I use a SCART to S-Video cable, should I expect to get a black/white image? Will the quality improve over my current SCART-Composite connection?

2. Is it possible to get a SCART to Component RGB which I can plug into the adapter and into the VGA port of my projector? Will this provide better quality than the S-Video connection?

Please advice!

Best regards,
Haukur Thorsson
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us