Help with Hitachi Projection TV

Username: Ccskorn

Post Number: 1
I have an appoximately 7 year old Hitachi 55" projection TV. I have taken the screen off and cleaned it before, and it has three projectors, and a mirror in the back. Just recently, the colors around the edges on the right have been off. There is a function on my tv to line up the different colored projectors, until you get white lines. The problem is that the blue projector line won't move at all. You can tell that the blue is off anyhow, to the right a little. What exactly could be wrong? Can I just take the screen off and adjust it, or is it going to be an expensive repair? Here is a pic also of what the aligning thing looks like right now, it's almost exactly what it looks like on the tv.

Bronze Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 41
Chad:
Assuming you can't just move the red and green lines over to meet the blue, then it's time for a service call.

Username: Ccskorn

Post Number: 2
I haven't had it checked out, but assuming maybe it was a bad blue projector, what is an estimate of getting it fixed?

REPAIRGAL
Unregistered guest
From what I see, it seems that your convergence is way off frequency. If you cannot adjust the red and blue it probably mean that a qualified TV Tech is required to do this. If you don't know what you are doing don't do it...you might cause a more expense repair if you keep fiddling with the controls.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us