Samsung HLR-5078W

Username: Dball213

NJ

Post Number: 1
I'm looking at this set. It's pretty new, so finding reviews on it has been pretty tough so far. The guy at Tweeter said it had the latest DLP chip. Picture looked great. Any word?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 250
Yea....wish I had the bucks!

One guy said, "It's like a window on reality."

Unregistered guest
I just got it on 8-25-05. picture is awesome when u get a true HD signal. As with all other posts regarding samsung dlp, there is a high pitched noise coming from either the color wheel (10000rpm) or from lamp cooling fan. local tech came to replace the whole engine, problem still there. don't know what to do, return or keep. what the hell?!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 502
Another guy said, "You're better off looking out a real window and saving your money"

This is a telling quote: "picture is awesome when u get a true HD signal".

The rest of the time you will suffer through clay like images from non HD sources.

Another interesting paraphrased quote:

"Tech came.... replaced entire color engine......problem still there"....(heres the fun part) "don't know what to do, return or keep. what the hell?!!!!"

What the hell...I'll keep the noisy piece of shyte, I only paid $2000 for it.

Silver Member
Username: Dlp4me

Post Number: 176
"As with all other posts regarding samsung dlp"

Mine's not whining!
Smurfs isn't whining!
Tens of thousands run quietly as advertised.
Maybe it's the power supply.
That's not part of the light engine.
The right technician would have determined the source.
Stay after it or get rid of it.

More bullshit, tom?

My non-HD picture isn't clay-like!
You can be such a lying as$hole with your ridiculing posts. Being a liar and an as$hole doesn't lend to your credibility for future buyers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 509
I am not in search of credibility at all. I could care less. I make my points. They can take them of leave them. I know they won't accept mine and act on it, They would be foolish. But as always its one opinion. Standard TV whether Sat or cable looks distorted and clamation like. Not the sharp clear PQ you see on the HD input.

People will look at it for themselves and decide if its BS or not acceptable themselves. I hope the do not take my word or your word exclusively and make a purchase.

They will think we are BOTH BSing!

Bronze Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 74
My PQ is great and no strange noises either. There is a bit of adjustment required in the Picture settings to get the skin tones natural, I'm not sure what they were thinking with the factory settings. Once I got it dialed in right everything looks great.

It amuses me to see Tom's cut and paste mentality at work. He obviously lifted the "clay face" phenomenon mentioned in other forums, had no real understanding of what this meant or referred to and incorporated into his pastiche understanding. One day it's comic book color the next day it's clay like. Here are some other suggestions to keep your BS train rolling Tom.

Parrot Like color

1970's like color

Imbiguous Color

Tin Flute Color

Backyard Color

Heroin overdose color

5 point open palm exploding heart color

Feel free to use any of these, they are all just as valid as anything else you say.

Silver Member

Post Number: 515
They are indeed all valid.......I'll give you that!!

Here's one of my own....."The RP micro display's have the deepest blacks you will ever see".....(while you are waiting for that $300 lamp you ordered three weeks ago)

Feel free to use that in your "career",

BTW Hope you did not miss my Best Buy EW thread LOL...Noticed no rebuttal there.

Bronze Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 78
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't give you the attention you needed tommy. I promise to buy you a balloon at the fair okay?

HS

Anonymous

I'm in the market for a new HDTV. Like many, I'm bewildered by all the available choices and options. This thread has been a godsend. Not because of its informational content (although that has been helpful) but because it is a source of comedy. Tom Bong, DLP4me, Helpful Smurf,et al, keep up the banter. It is absolutely hysterical!

Username: Pavelow

Well, I've looked at the HLR5078W side by side with the Mitsubishi 52" 1080P (can't remember the model number) and I was unimpressed with the Samsung. Both were on the same coax looped HD video at Ultimate Electronics. Looks like the Samsung has gone overboard with the darkness. Factory settings made everything look dark and siloetted. Took me about 15 minutes of adjustments on the "Warm2" setting to get color to be less black. Still can't see the real browns that I could see on the Mitsubishi at factory settings. All in all, Samsung has gone backwards in my opinion. Mitsubishi still needs work on artifacts that form while on a coax but the colors are outstanding.

Username: Pavelow

Post Number: 2
OK,

Stupid question. Where is the account log in so I can modify the profile I just made?

Username: Pavelow3

Well I decided to re-register and I saved the Profile URL in my favorites. There is no link to go to profile that I can find on the message board. Stupid question is retracted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us