Sony KDFE42A10 - Anyone have input?

Bronze Member
Username: Guygadois

Post Number: 35
Anyone have any input about the new Sony's 42 inch KDFE42A10. I am looking for proferssional reviews or user feedback about the new '3 lcd technology'

Circuit city has it for 1799 right now.

Bronze Member
Username: Guygadois

Post Number: 37
bumpy

Unregistered guest
I took advantage of the $1799 price and 24 mo 0% financing at Circuit City. Could not be happier with my purchase. I've had several friends over who were all impressed by how crisp and bright images are. Here is a quick breakdown for you:

I have a Comcast HD cable box, connected using Monster Component cables (didn't want to waste $ on the HDMI to DVI connection cables). Regular cable looks a bit pixelated and crappy, but that was expected. HD looks absolutely amazing...color, clarity, etc. I cannot believe how BRIGHT an image this TV puts out. Black color is deep enough that I don't really notice.

DVD is connected using Component. Also looks fantastic...I used the Cinemotion setting.

Have my PS2 hooked up using Sony brand component cables. Looks a big jagged.

Have my Gamecube hooked up using S-vid and it actually looks better than the PS2 does...not sure why.

The only drawback so far that I can think of is that there is only 1 S-Video port (I was shocked when I discovered that) and there is no PIP or twinview...that hurts a bit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us