Sharp Aquos 37" Input Source Display Problem Resolved

phishears
Unregistered guest
Putting this out here in case someone else runs into it.

I've got a new Sharp Aquos LC-37D5U and a few days ago the "Input Source" kept displaying on and off. This is a blue box in the top right hand corner of the screen. The blue box appears with Input 1 or Input 2 etc.

I had just recently hooked up a Indoor HD Antenna and when I removed it the problem went away. I'm about to go with an outdoor Antenna, I sure hope it doesn't bring the problem back.

Martles
Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem but just use regualar coaxial cable (no antenna). Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to shut it off?!?

Username: Notreallysharp

Post Number: 1
I purchased my Aquos and had problems immediately.
After a few weeks I started to notice that the channel/audio
indication pop-up screen (on the upper right-hand side of the screen) was
flickering on and off endlessly, for no particular reason, on several
channels. I noticed also while watching DVD's.
I thought it was the antenna first (I have an indoor antenna and analogue cable attached)but then I realize that the pop up happens also when the antenna is disconnected.
This is my first replacement unit (from a GB5U to a DB5U. Now I'm waiting for a seconfd replacement a D5U hoping for the best.
Unfortunately I think that this is a problem with ALL models of Aquos and that Sharp needs to fix the problem on the HDTV tuner.
A class action against Sharp would actually de a great thing to do because I'M sure that there are MANY unhappy customers out there with our same problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us