This should be an easy DLP hook up question......

Username: Dwmmlm

Weston, FL United States

Post Number: 1
I am new to the world of HDTV. Just bought a Toshiba 52inch DLP and have subcribed to digital cable with the HDTV programming. My question is how best to hook up the TV to get the best picture. My plan was to go from the HDTV cable box to the Pioneer VSX1014TXK THX Select A/V Receiver and then back to the TV. I also planned to run the DVD through the receiver too. Is this the best way to do it?

To David
Unregistered guest
It's just one way to do it. The only gain is the ability to switch audio and video feeds with the SS receiver's remote. Most receivers don't have multiple DVI/HDMI digital connections, if any.
Some don't even have many component connections for video. There's always a risk of signal degrade. I think audio receivers should handle audio and video is better when connected directly to the set.

araster
Unregistered guest
I just hooked up a samsung 5667w dlp hdtv monitor to the hdtv cable set top box using monster cables
and the picture on my regular digital cable channels were kinda blurry - then I read that I should also hookup the s video and audio as well and just switch back the tv source to "s video"
this has helped but still bnot what I expected - any suggestions on what I might do to get the best picture quality out of my regular digital cable channels - my hdtv cable only has 5 channels

Username: Pavelow

Post Number: 3
The Samsung does not display NTSC very well. The best picture I've heard is via digital dish. In fact all HDTVs have dificulty displaying NTSC with any level of clarity that you would get on a legacy NTSC TV.

MarkLRosen
Unregistered guest
kind of the sam equestion: do I lose hdtv when I go from a HDTV cable box to a combined receiver/vs/dvd then to the tv? If I do lose hdtv, then how do I hook up wihtout buying an expensive hdmi receiver?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 380
NTSC is on it's way out.

With digital ED/HD networks there is very little compelling NTSC content, really.

Mark, you shouldn't loose any HD if you use the Y, Pr, Pb component connections all the way.

cheneyp
Unregistered guest
I've got an RCA DLP that I get NTSC directly from the cable input (i.e. no set top box). I was worried about NTSC quality when I got my set but my fears were unfounded as the quality is very good - at least as good as my old 27" tube set,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us