DMR-E85 won't record "Lost" ???

Anonymous

Love my unit, but it appears to have a bias against certain shows. For a while, it refused to record "Mystery" on PBS every Sunday night unless I manually turned the unit on just before the program started. I updated the firmware and that fixed the problem with "Mystery", but now it refuses to record "Lost" on Wed. night (unless I remember to run in a press the power on button 5 minutes before it starts). Every other programmed show records just fine (turns on by itself as it's supposed to). I even tried un-programming, programming a bunch of other programs, then re-porogramming "Lost" (theory was a bad memory location) but the problem persists. Anyone have similar problems? Or better yet, anyone figure out how to fix this?

(getting tired of missing the first 10-20 minutes of the program because I keep forgetting to turn the unit on ;-)

(and yes, I have tried the various resets)

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1461
Some programming is using copy once protection these days, Lost is probably one of them. You are supposed to be able to record to either the HD, or DVD, but not HD first then DVD. You aren't the first person to have problems, the first Panasonic I've seen though.

Unregistered guest
I have a similar issue with my E85. No matter what show is programmed in for Sundays, I usually tape Fox News Sunday and Meet the Press, it will never, and has never automatically started a timer recording for anything programmed for Sunday. I have to turn it on a few minutes before. Your's is the first I saw with the similar problem. I can't imagine it is copy protection, because if the machine is turned on, it records fine. It just doesn't want to automatically start. I tried contacting Panasonic about this, and after 4 times back and forth, they said bring it in for service?! But I cannot imagine anything other than a SW/FW bug, not hardware, so I saw no reason to bring it in.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1539
They may have a firmware update to fix recording problems.

rarrowo
Unregistered guest
I believe this problem is caused by TV Guide+. I am having the same issue, however, I noticed my E85 only does this if I have it set to record two shows back to back on different channels. It does not necessarily happen every time though.

If I leave the unit on, no problems. My theory is, the TVG+ is receiving an update and will not allow the unit to enter reocrd mode.

Robert
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us