Bronze MemberUsername: Uhphikap
Post Number: 12
I'm getting the JVC HD52G886 (with Tuner) and I currently have Dish Network with no HD box or anything special except for the Dual-DVR box (I think it's the 522). The new JVC is going in the living room, but my Receiver is currently located in the Bedroom...so here are my questions:
1. Am I going to have to have Dish Network provide me with the HD Receiver?
2. If so, it is going to need to be installed in the living room?
3. Will I need an antenna to pick up the local HD Channels? (I do not currently have an exterior antenna, just a Dish)
4. Will Rabbit Ears work to pick up the HD local channels if I'm close enough? (I'm in the Houston, TX area, about 20-25 miles from most of the towers)
5. Is there anything else I need to know? I would appreciate any guidance anyone can offer, as I have never dabbled in HDTV before, so I have no idea what I need to have.
Thanks in advance for your help!