Deciding to buy new Direct View......Fixed pixel terrible.

Bronze Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 63
After reading the threads over in the fixed pixel RPCRT world I have decided CRT is still the best value and picture for SDTV.

I am not a SOny fan as I feel they overprice everything including accesories. Butu I have an open mind and looking for a temporary CRT solution (preferable RP) for the next 4 or so years until the fixed pixel market is relable and there is more content in HD then SDTV.

Anything I should be looking for? Also I do NOT buy EWs. Never have on anything ever, (especially on electronics)and wayyyyy ahead in savings there. I can absorb a repair or three. Seems with the fixed pixel you MUST buy an EW and then take your chances after its over.

Anonymous

What size are you interested in?

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 119
42"-55" NON glare (or easily removeable shield).

Excellent Standard TV picture. At least as good as NTSC sets, even if at the expense of the HD quality.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 984
Well if Sony is out of the picture, to coin a phrase, just roll the dice and choose something else-except Samsung.

Anonymous

I looked at Sony - but bought the Tosh 34" 16:9 instead. It was about 50% less and the SD pic is great - get HD box Tuesday. I have 30 days to return - liked the Sony 34", but not at 2X the price. I must say - the Sont 34" XBR Pic in HD in the store was awesome, but so was the Tosh and at 50% off - I'm liking the Tosh so far. Had it 4 hours.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 999
Good for you. Nothing wrong with your choice. But the picture will not match that of the Sony. But I'm the first to admit that Sony's price structure is frequently difficult to deal with.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1518
Toshiba likes to cut corners to build stuff as cheap as they can, sacrificing reliability in the process. I don't know much about their TVs, but their VCRs are garbage, and their DVD players have power supply and spindle motor problems both.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us