Hitachi 60v500 or KDF-50WE655 ?

Username: John_harris

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I have the opportunity to buy a Hitachi 60v500 or KDF-50WE655 (Canadian model is Sony KF50WE620) at a discount because it is open box. I have been looking at the reviews and both appear to be similar televisions. I realize the 60 inch is bigger but I am looking for:

1. A television with the best HDTV picture.
2. A television that will not look awful with a non-HD signal.
3. Hooking up my computer to the television (not a major deciding factor).

Since the I am buying a used TV, is there a way to access the bulb usage on these televisions? Which TV has the cheapest bulb replacement?

Any suggestions on which TV to buy would be greatly appreciated.

John

Bronze Member
Username: Avernus

Post Number: 42
I'd go with the Sony model...they have never failed me and provide outstanding quality...

good luck

bobccity
Unregistered guest
Both sony and hitachi are excellent tv's. I would lean toward the sony personally.

Now, in regards to the non-hd signal, until everything goes digital, making an image to fit your screen will look bad anyways. Then, you are stretching it to go from the 4:3(full screen) to the 16:9(widescreen). That will make it bad on any big screen.

There is no way to tell how long a bulb has been on. One thing you may want to do is check the sticker on the side of the TV. The store sometimes puts a display tag with the model number and date it was displayed. That should help.

Sonys bulb replacement is the cheapest at about $200. Hitachi is about $260 or so. You can go on the website and look up cost.

Hope this helps...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us