VCR Recommendation

Username: Trische

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 3
Hi! I'm putting together a home theatre system and find that I need to replace my current mono VCR. I don't want a VCR/DVD combo as I just purchased a Sony DVD/CD changer. This will feed into a Yamaha AV surround sound system and a Westingthouse HD LCD TV. I'd like any suggestions you have. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1436
Mitsubishi

Username: Rog

Post Number: 1
can you recommend a good vcr, and a pioneer dvd recorder that would work well with it? thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2492
I don't think there is such a thing as a good VCR anymore.

Username: Rog

Post Number: 3
well good bad or not, i still need to attempt to find a vcr that will work satisfactory enough to allow me to record the better part of my vhs movie collection to dvd. Many of the movies i have collected like so many other people are off beat, odd, or just hard if not impossible to find, and i am unwilling to let these movies pass without even at least trying to preserve them. I to feel that a decent vcr is hard to find, i have purchased a few hooked them up only to find the picture playback of my store bought vhs tapes was so poor that i promptly dissconnected them and returned them to the place of purchase. So i ask again, realizing i wish for the imposssible, some direction as to a vcr that will at best be the lessor of two evils, or which ones to stay away from, hoping that someone with more experience with electronics might have a better insight into a simple vcr, that my only wish is that it play my pre-recorded vhs tapes well enough, long enough, to capture them on dvd, before they are lost to me forever. This is just a great site, i have already learned much about what i had already been doing with my home theater system, and electronics, but i dont seem to find much information about vcrs anywhere eles, and even though they may be obsolete, having over 1300 vhs movies collected since they first began selling them inspires me to not give up. Thanks for reading this, and please, keep up the great work!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2504
If you want the best quality copies you can find, you need a VCR like this
http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL026935&pathId=49&page=2

It doesn't come cheap, but I've seen them on ebay for $200 or less.

A previous version of the VCR
http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-HR-S6600U-SVHS-HIFI-VCR-with-REMOTE-MANUAL_W0QQitemZ9710 561858QQcategoryZ67829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us