Direct tv recivers

Anonymous

I just got the HDTV recevier and dish from direct tv but would like to use the original receiver.
When I connected the previous receiver it still works.
Can I use the other receiver without being charged the extra $5.00 a month? can direct tv tell if you are using the other reciver?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 975
My guess is once you set up your new receiver, Directv will eventually get around to deactivating your original receiver. Until they do, enjoy your good fortune.

LK
Unregistered guest
They don't deactivate the receiver...they deactivate the cards..I'm curious how your OLD receiver works with your new card,,,thats impossible...once U inserted the subbed card into the new or any receiver, they married!...U cannot use that card in another or old receiver now!.. and how do U think U are going to operated 2 receivers with only 1 activated and married subbed card!...U're not making ANY sense!

KL
Unregistered guest
You must of removed you card from the old receiver at the time you canceled that receiver, otherwise it would have been turned off at that time. You can continue to use your old receiver and old card for a little bit of time, they won't know. However, every 30 hours or so, at randomn, DTV will send a shutdown command to the card (so remove the card when you aren't watching and maybe the off command won't hit it for a time), and after about 45 days, the card will expire, anyway. So it is short lived, no matter what you do. $5 a month ain't that much (hey man, that's $60 for the year), why not just pay it?

Anonymous

I would think he means he hooked up his old receiver and card and they still worked. Not that he put the new card in the old receiver.

LK
Unregistered guest
well U know..if someone doesn't explain there exact situation, then who knows what they're reallying wanting to know...shame on them...how can anyone expect a good answer without a good question!

KL
Unregistered guest
The guy's trying to cheat DickTV out of a 5 friggin' bucks a month. Geeze, what a cheap asp. The most you can get out of them is $7.50.

Bubba 2
Unregistered guest
I have 2 direct Tv recievers in my home and pay for them,,, I have a cabin about 200 miles from here. can I hang a direct dish and reciver that I bought at a garage sale , put one of my cards in it and use the TV up at the cabin

LK
Unregistered guest
no...your cards are MARRIED to your present receivers and will NOT work in another receiver...U MUST either order a 3rd NEW card from DTV or bring old receiver and its old card to cabin..

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know anything about direcway 7000? I heard it is really new. I am wanting to know if you can get it as a upgrade or do you need different equipment.

Username: Misw776

West plains, Mo Usa

Post Number: 1
does anyone have the codes for direct tv sat box dsx5500 so i can get a universal remote to work it .

LK
Unregistered guest
Try these links...they have all the codes for all universal remotes...U don't say what type UNIVERSAL using..

http://www.xdiv.com/remotes/#hughes

LK
Unregistered guest
http://www.remotecodelist.com/remotes/

Username: Misw776

West plains, Mo Usa

Post Number: 2
LK, I HAVE THE CODES FROM THE UNIVERSAL REMOTE BUT NONE OF THEM WORK FOR THE DSX5500 RECIEVER, IT HAS A LIST OF CODES FROM PHILLIPS AND DIRECT TV BUT THEY DONT WORK .

LK
Unregistered guest
well then its pretty simple..contact DTV and buy a new remote from them..if the codes with your remote instructions, and the hundreds of codes I posted don't work,then U have no alternatives...spend $20 on a new remote from DTV..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us