Is this TV worth Buying? (Please help a young, ignorant kid)

Username: Surrexi

Post Number: 1
Im a young kid just going off to college, funds obviously are rather limited and I was in the market for a TV. I wanted somthing cheap so I checked eBay and found this TV only 20 Miles from my house.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Zenith-Big-Screen-TV-46-inch-NR_W0QQitemZ5795605314QQcategor yZ15079QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this a TV I could tune myself/would it cost a ton to have it professionaly fixed?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I hope my making this TV public knowledge (assuming its worth it) doesnt make others want it, heh.

Bronze Member
Username: Avernus

Post Number: 32
I don't know if it will be worth the shipping costs....especially since it isn't HD capable and will probably be worthless to you in a year from now...

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1396
Zenith projection TVs have pathetic picture quality even when they are working properly.

Post Number: 2
I wouldnt have to get it shipped as its 20 miles away from me and Pick-up Only.

I dont really care if the quality isnt HD/LCD perfect, I just need somthing you can watch TV on and play the occasional video game.

If I can get this for $30 and fix it for less then $50 Ill be a happy person.

***I still need to know, can it be fixed? Could I do it myself? Typically whats wrong with it if the picture looks like that***

(Thanks for the feedback you left, but thats not really the kinda thing I care about right now)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1401
Good luck fixing anything on a projection TV for $50, not hardly.

grfunk
Unregistered guest
Eric,
Don't waste your time. It won't be cheap to fix and if you did fix it, you'll wish you spent the money on something better.

Post Number: 3
Grfunk, Good answer, thanks a ton.

I'd read a lot (including on this site) about various methods for fixing color convergence issues and Im a tech geek (I have a remote that opens my closet for godsakes) so I thought Id look into it.

Dave, you got some serious social issues to work out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1405
You want to socialize, go visit a chat room. You can sugar coat it any way you want, it's the same in the end, the TVs a piece of crap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us