TV/VCR Combo - DVD Player Connect (RF Modulator)

Username: Copper1

Post Number: 1
I have looked through other message threads but still have some outstanding questions about this. I've got a 90's model Panasonic TV/VCR combo unit. Was recently gifted with a Panasonic DVD/VCR combo unit. Want to connect the two to watch DVDS. Have no interest in copying DVDs but the Macrovision copyright protection is getting in the way. The TV/VCR has the white and yellow audio/visual plug-ins as well as a coaxial plug-in and the DVD/VCR has lots of different plug-in options. When I used the white/yellow (and red) plugs AND/OR the coaxial connection I can see and hear the DVD but I'm getting the bright/dark fade-out because of copyright. I was told that using an RF modulator would help me to bypass the VCR part of the TV/VCR unit. Is this true? Can anyone explain this is layman's terms for me so I understand why and how to do this?
Thanks so much!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1391
You need a stabilizer, not a modulator.

Username: Copper1

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your prompt reply, David! Is this is the "Digital Video Stabilizer" that I've seen online? It "removes" Macrovision? Does this mean there isn't any way to simply bypass the vcr component of my tv/vcr unit? I don't want to do anything illegal--I just don't want to have to buy a new TV or spend a lot to get this DVD player to work with my combo unit.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1393
Yes, digital video stabilizer. Using the RF input is still going through the VCR, all it will do is result in lower picture quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us