YOUR OPINION PLEASE LK

Bronze Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 16
When the n2 axe finally falls, and we all know it will soon enough what are the chances of a reliable solution being found quickly? and do you think the FTA equipment ie. pansat 2700 will be operable or will there have to be modifications done to the hardware as well? any insight would be appreciated, and thank you for all your help and GOOD information you have furnished everyone here to date.

LK
Unregistered guest
I believe when Nagra2 is completely swapped that FTA will be useless, unless U have a BIG motorized dish and don't mind watching VERY limited channels...I believe that FREE good Dishnet,Bev or DTV days are over!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
LK why will the N2 be so hard to crack? It's just more code correct? I am a layman when it comes to this and was just wondering I have read your posts on n2 and just do not understand how it can be so much different from any other encription.
One other question how come they only do small bits at a time like yesterday some HBO, not all, I stil get HBO east as an example, I do not understand why it would not be just one big sweep and all channels be N2 secure?

oscar oscar
Unregistered guest
thats a very good question

LK
Unregistered guest
Modern Technology!...Satellite TV is not that old (10 years)...there has been MUCH improvement since the beginning of satellite TV...DTV learned their lessons and Dishnet is learning from DTV lessons and improvements...things just aren't as simple as they once were...and many FORMER peeps now work for DTV and Dishnet..as far as the slow swap, customers need time to receive and swap cards...Dishnet needs time to mail cards and wants to ensure that the channel swapping to N2 leaves no holes for piracy,so therefore small blocks of channels at a time....Dishnet is following the same procedure as DTV in April 2004..

LK
Unregistered guest
Also the small blocks of N2 channel swaps allows the customer to still have some TV (not lose it all at once)and REALIZE they are losing channels and MUST swap to their new cards...Soon,there will be a date announced when all subscribers will be notified that THIS IS THE END OF THE OLD CARD!

Big Bwana
Unregistered guest
That and they need time to set up all there encryption units, it's not just software, it's a dedicated 19 inch rack mount peice of hardware some one has to install and test and then test again to make sure it's working this takes dish/bev time to setup.

( but mostly it's because of the idiots out there that can't figure out how to change there card, Uhhhh you pull out the old one, and push the new one in, in the direction the arrow is pointing , and stay away from the heavy coke machine cause it might fall over on you, and kill you ( 32 die every year from this problem )

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
LOL to the coke machine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us