Samsung DVD-HD841 Question

Username: Sfmadmax

Post Number: 1
Hey Everyone,

I just purchased a 42" Samsung DLP for my bedroom and i've been catching up on the hd-dvd situation.. quick question.. i have an older dvd player, probably bought last year.. My cable provider uses DVI so I plugged that into my TV's HDMI port using the appropiate cable.. Now, i've been reading these reviews on this new digital dvd player... currently on my sony dvd im using the Component RGB , If i bought one of these new dvd players and used the HDMI cable.. will i see that much of a difference????

SHould I just wait for the HD-DVD players, ????

Bronze Member
Username: Avernus

Post Number: 35
waiting for the HD DVD players is up to you...but they won't be at an affordable price for quite some time and you'll have to then buy HD DVD's if you want to utilize the quality and blah blah blah...

but umm...onto the DVD player...I have both the HD 841 and HD 850...only difference is the 850 is this years model and they seem to have worked out the glitches...plus it's HDMI, unlike the 841 which is DVI...so you'll just plug in the HDMI jack that is included with the player and it will work...

I give it a thumbs up on my sony 42" LCD...I have heard the PQ is better on the Samsung when you own a Samsung TV as well...

hopefully this was helpful..

phart buster
Unregistered guest
In a few months, both youse guys will be sorry you bought the Sammys. Good luck.

engine giver
Unregistered guest
Sammys and dummys usually hang out together.

Bronze Member
Username: Avernus

Post Number: 39
good sh!t...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us